• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4PE owners - Bios response slow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I swapped out my TI4200 for my old MX440, and it didn't make a difference. I've talked to Asus about it. It looks like it's just something that happens in the award bios. It doesn't happen on every MB, and it's happened on other Asus mb's, not just he P4PE. It should not result in any performance problems. ZI'm keeping an eye on it. If I notice anything buggy, I'll RMA this to newegg before 30 days are up.

If memory serves me, this was pointed out in more than one review of this board.

It is just slow overall, no matter the bios or settings. Nothing unbearable, but it can get annoying.

well my p4b533 board responded slow as well and does my p4pe, annoying but far from a disaster :)

It also did so with a radeon 9700pro

I've had 2 P4PEs, and found the response time on the bios screens slow on both. Board works fine.

i think it;s a lil slow but i try not to spend too much time in my bios as it makes my head hurt....can;t wait for better memory..

I have the same problem with Asus P4C800 Deluxe + P4 2.6C(3.4).

I have been trying several different BIOS's, but the problem is staying.

This is P4 and not a 8088 prosessor , heh!. The BIOS is THAT slow.

Back