• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4PE voltage suppos'd 3.3 and down too 2.8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leathersmt

I just got this board up and running, and I am getting an error message from the probe with a niosey beep beep beep of it being below the threshold..... it is the voltage moniter for the one above the vcore, it is supposed to be 3.34 and it is going between 2.80 and 3.04, how do I raise this voltage?? Is it a problem, the temps are o.k., , but this has me worried, as ASUS will not be back until Monday....

UPDATE, the board has crashed to reboot a couple of times in the past halkf hour, it is probably because I did not put in the drivers for the temporary vid card I have in here...... the drivers are loaded now, and we shall see if that was the cause of the crashes, but I STILLL need some advice on maybe why it has some voltage issues, IS MY NEW MOTHERBOARD IN DANGER? HOW DO I KNOW PLEASE???
I am not upset, just worried, this is a big investment that I cannot replace any time fast, and it is part of a business in it also, so any advice is helpful.

UPDATE>>

I FOUND OUT PART OF THE PROBLEM WAS LOOSE MEMORY> THAT TOOK CARE OF IT, SO SIMPLE AND YET SO MUCH "FUN" TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP , AND GUIDANCE THROUGH ALL THIS.

Last edited:

o1die

Could be your board doesn't like the power supply. I tried to upgrade to a cheap 400 watt ps, but the low 12v rail kept triggering the speech reporter to say "cpu not installed" on my p4s533, even when disabled.

OP
leathersmt

leathersmt

finally stopped , not able to boot.

I have a Model KC-400

it says output is
+5 28A +3.3V 19A
+12V 15A -12V 1A
+5VSB 1.5A -5V 1A
the beep kept going off for the 3.3 part of the post reporter....... could this be the reason, the 12V that you mentioned?
now I don't know what these numbers mean on the side, but I hope it is a good one. Does anyone have a recomendation of a power supply? Is this one good enough>?
I have been running hot too, from 40-44c when the puter is on, I am thinking of putting back in the 7+, that I had to take out, because I didnt have the goob at the time I was working on it, so I used the stock fan with the black tape on it........ any ideas anyone?? thanks for all help.

UPDATE> it finally dropped off, and would not re boot, it said hot proscessor....then , it would not even say that. I beleive it is the power source, as I tried to add a 1.8 proscessor to the board, it would not post or boot either..... looking into the cheiftecs....420w .......

Last edited:

adamantios

Same problem here
P4PE rev 1.03 with 1003 beta bios and 375W PSU
I have constantly near 3v in the 3,3 line and I hear the beeps especially when the memory is stressed.
I'm going to change the PSU tomorrow. I hope this to be the problem otherwise I'm going for a new board

OP
leathersmt

leathersmt

I bought a new ANTEC 430 true power, but I am not sure the power supply is all that better. It is still reading under, what it is supposed to be.....12, current is now at 11.77 and the 5 was at 4.89..wondering if I should be emialing antec??

adamantios

try to watch the reads from bios for all voltages and keep in mind that a 10% fluctuationis acceptable. The Asus probe utility is not so reliable.
What happened to your 3,3v reading did it get any better with the new PSU?

micamica1217

leathersmt said:
I bought a new ANTEC 430 true power, but I am not sure the power supply is all that better. It is still reading under, what it is supposed to be.....12, current is now at 11.77 and the 5 was at 4.89..wondering if I should be emialing antec??

sorry for the late reply...I'm never in the mobo section of this forum.

I too just got this mobo, and have the antic true 430w.....

this is a great PSU. in my old abit th7II mobo the 5v, 3.3v, and 12v rails were much better then with this mobo.

I get 3.248 for the 3.3v
4.919 for the 5v
11.84 for the 12v

I'm running this crappy 1.8a at 140fsb 1.625v bios-1.7v real.

I would realy like to know if asus probe is reading corectly or if this is just the mobo.

I hear that a new bios will fix the core overvoltage problem...yet I hope that the slow bios and posable high temp readings are fixed too.

mica

adamantios

Problems solved
I changed the generic PS with an Addtronics 350W.
Now all my voltages are excellent and the system runs at 2.67 (P4 2Ghz) without problems and the vcore set at 1.525. Temps are 36-38c idle and 48-52c full load with chasis temp 24-28c
voltage readings: 5v->5,11
3,3v->3,3
12v->12,11 or 11,5 under full load