• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4PE, will not recognize Hardrive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leathersmt

o.k., put the hardrive in another machine, it workis fine, I flashed the board, put it back in here, and cannot get the board to recognise the hardrive. Any ideas of why??

do I need to run a check?? with the software that came with the hardrive, it is a maxtor 60gig by the way if this helps. going to try to run the instal disk from asus, duh, maybe that is the problem. Also tho, while here. I tried to downl;aod the updated bios from ASUS and I could not open it at thier web site. Does anyone have one they could email me?
let me know please. thank you

YOUR NOT GOING TO BELEIVE THIS ONE>

o.k., after 48 hours of working on this motherboard , I finaly reformatted the drive, got the thing to boot up, and loaded the os. I got it online, then played until about 2:00a.m. on a game. shut it off, thinking, o.k., it has a bad memory slot, I am going to be calling them this morning for an RMA for sure anyhow, but check this out, this is where it gets wierd. I go to boot it up this morning, and it was dead, just like the other day, would not boot, it would not turn on, all's I had was the green light on the board, and the fans would start this time, ( not before) So I tap the proscessor, like a whack on the side of the ole t.v...............and YES< it booted.............not only that , the time is now , 7:07a.m., and the time clock for the system says it is 9.32p.m., January 1, 2002......go figure eh? Well, yes, I will be on the phone to the rma dept this morning and that makes 3 ASUS boards in a row, that have gone back to them .....P4S8X (version 1.02) P4S533-E , would not boot, now this one, no boot, and a dead memory slot and this story. :eek:

Back