• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S333 cpu voltage mod. Anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firehawk

I see this board came with the HIP6301 chip, so I try the same voltage mod (20k resistor-pin 7) I use in my Abit KR7. The result was just 0,1v more, but the board post and refuse to boot. I don´t think this will work for P4S333, because I have to remove it to boot again.
Anyone do this mod with success?

Yes, I know that, but it only gives me 1,78v. I want to do the voltage regulator mod, so I can go to 2,0+ land.

:eh?: No one? I´m sure there is a lot of you guys very experienced with electronics and a lot of people here will use this if someone can do that.

Try a 100-500k potentiometer connecting pin 7 to ground and set it at the highest resistance before you boot up. Go into the bios and then change the voltage by turnig the potentiometer. The 20k resistor is probably not working since the P4S333 power layout isn't designed the same as AMD boards with the HIP chip. I havn't done the mod on this board but I assume the 20k resistor puts the voltage beyond the maximum spec of the voltage regulator.

Yes, I´m going to 2,0+ and a Volcano 7+. I thinq if I start from 1,85, and then using the "0,2v more" jumper plus manual vcore settings in the bios, I can go to 2,0 or 2,1, because I´m currently with 1,85 starting from 1,5. I´ll tell you in a couple hours, soonest I can get out of my job :)

Woa! Let me share it with you guys! This voltage mod (pin 1-4 toghether) works on the P4S333, but soonest I put the jumper in +0,2v position, IT KILL MY ONE WEEK OLDER SYSTEM!!!
I´m not ure at this point if was the cpu or the mobo, but I´m almost sure is the mobo. :mad:

I forgot to mention that the board make a "bzzzzz" sound and smell toasted.... not good :)
Anyway, I try exactly what you say, and doesn´t work. I will try my warranty, but doensn´t look any good...
Thanks for the tip anyway

Back