• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4t533 512 RDRAM and moble 1.8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdmcnudgent

ok, i got this new cruncher going. how important is it to have windows update to the os?? i only have a 2 gig HD in this system, and i cannot download all the updates. however, its saying in the progress section, that its taking 5hrs+ a wu, and i have the fsb set at 125x4 no turbo. it may be a psu problem, cause normally i can run atleast 136+turbox4 with the mem. i also was wondering about the moble chip, could it be slowing the mem down?? this system was really fast with the mem at 133x4, and now it seems really slow. any help would be great.;)

I wouldn't bother with windows update if it's just a cruncher behind a firewall and you don't browse the web or use outlook.

Mmmm I wouldn't suspect a psu to be the cause of slow times. If your system was rebooting often or something of that nature then yes, perhaps. I would get the latest chipset drivers from Intel and install that first. Have you run sandra just to see if everything seems in line?

TC said:
Mmmm I wouldn't suspect a psu to be the cause of slow times. If your system was rebooting often or something of that nature then yes, perhaps. I would get the latest chipset drivers from Intel and install that first. Have you run sandra just to see if everything seems in line?
no sandra, not enough disk space.:(

What all do you currently have installed? Win2k pro should easily fit on a 2gig drive - heck I just had dot net enterprise installed on a 2 gig drive a week ago.

TC said:
What all do you currently have installed? Win2k pro should easily fit on a 2gig drive - heck I just had dot net enterprise installed on a 2 gig drive a week ago.
im using xp pro. maybe i should switch to 2kpro, what do you think?? will it give me more disk space?? i will go to microsoft.com and check for requirements.:)

yes 2k pro will use less disk space that xp pro. ever think of running linux with wine for your seti client? linux will solve you disk space problem for sure. just a thought, i dont know if you use linux or have any experience.

Back