• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p5wd2 and RAID problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bapski

first off i did not have any problems with this board and doing raid till now.

initially i had raid 0 running on my rig till i had a corrupted /system file. was able to correct it but still had random BSOD issues.

i then decided to reformat/re-install my OS (winxp-pro). the headache is that when i do the raid 0 and install the OS, i get a STOP error:

STOP: c000021a unknown hard error

has anyone encountered this "headache". more damning is that if i dont do raid and treat each drive separate (2 drives, c and d) i am able to install the OS fine. more perplexing is i have another drive on the ITE IDE connector with an OS installed and it boots fine with it.

hoping somebody can help. im beginning to be desperate. thanks.

i am using a 0606 bios version btw. used to use the 0519 version and im wondering if this matters.

Last edited:
Don't take my word on this...
I'm thinking since its just on raid, the ram is getting an error trying to keep up with transfer speed of install.

Reason I say this is because on my old box the ram wouls pass all test. But in the bios it had like standard/turbo for performance. After a long while it would not even run in turbo mode. So I started running it in standard mode and it would run fine.

If I tried to install xp pro with it in turbo mode - I got same error your saying...

This may not be your grimlin, but just an experience i've had.

~RD

If you have updated your BIOS since you originally installed the RAID, you might have an incompatibility between your RAID F6 floppy driver and your BIOS. I couldn't load RAID with the Asus drivers when I had a newer BIOS. I had to use the F6 floppy drivers from the Intel web site.

BigStan said:
If you have updated your BIOS since you originally installed the RAID, you might have an incompatibility between your RAID F6 floppy driver and your BIOS. I couldn't load RAID with the Asus drivers when I had a newer BIOS. I had to use the F6 floppy drivers from the Intel web site.

think you are right on that stan. though i had a variation to the solution you have.

solved the raid problem by just installing the OS on one drive and installed the intel raid manager (?) in windooze and i was able to do raid0 from there. was surprised the OS was kept intact.

i do have a different issue now though. i cant seem to update my windooze. which i think i know why. :D

BigStan said:

bigstan,

i just noticed last night, after i used INTEL MATRIX STORAGE MANAGER to create RAID0 on my system, i only see a 75gb capacity drive when i check the properties of the converted drive.

i checked my drive status when booting ( ctrl+i) and i do see a RAID0 config.

have you encountered this? which one will i believe? any other way to confirm my HD status?

thanks.

Sorry, I can't help you. I've never set up the RAID volume using the procedure you used. I always do it at Win installation using the F6 floppy method. My RAID reads the correct size.

Back