• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P610

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aero red baron

Registered
Am I the first one to get one of these? On frame 128 right now (of 200) doing about 4:14 a frame at 1656 on xp1800. Just a little shocked to look at the console and see frame 120:)

Rottys-R-Us

Jester
Still getting those nice 10 pointerz :D

......Protein.................Atoms...days.......Pts
p610_tetP30_build_ext....343....14.00.....7.00

res0r9lm

I got one of these on a linux box running the windows client under wine with a [email protected] and getting 4.5 min per a frame. If you guys times are right the BS of running wine and the windows client lets you fold as fast as people running native windows is a bunch of crap.

TwistedAnimator

Registered
I don't know what is going on here. I have a 1.33Ghz TBird doing one right now and I'm getting 3:46 per frame. I'm on frame 21 right now. It's a dedicated folder that I can check how it's doing with my KVM switch. I can't explain why it's folding faster than XPs at much higher speeds. :confused:

Edward2

It appears to me that the different versions of this p610 protein fold at different rates. Has anyone else noticed that? Rig #3 in my sig folded a p610 yesterday at 5:30 per frame. Today it is folding a different p610 and is taking 6:20 per frame. This rig does nothing but folding (no monitor, keyboard, etc).

JetMech

Edward2 said:
It appears to me that the different versions of this p610 protein fold at different rates. Has anyone else noticed that? Rig #3 in my sig folded a p610 yesterday at 5:30 per frame. Today it is folding a different p610 and is taking 6:20 per frame. This rig does nothing but folding (no monitor, keyboard, etc).
I agree. This is the strangest group of proteins I've ever done. My slowest machine is folding them faster than the fastest one. The times I posted above change with each new WU. Our old way of computing them seems to be out the window. They seem to be very sensitive to work being done while they are folding. Right now my 1780 XP is doing a (610) 3/81/3 at 4.5min/frame; while a 1580 Tbird is doing a (610) 26/90/0 at 4.55min/frame.:confused:

beau_safken

Damn I tell ya after getting 2 of these each returned bad_work_unit. I tell ya...LOL

I've gotten a new client and stability checked this system and everythings cool. anything like this happen to anyone else?