• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pacino

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdmcnudgent

hey buddie, whats the status of the 2.2 and the new board? we are all wondering what is up with the new board, and if it made any difference between the gigibyte and the asus to get up any higher than 3.1. also, which type of heating element are you using, switching boards all the time and stuff.:D

Sorry! .. been busy hehe, Yep, super solid stable @ 3Ghz .. I did hit 3.1 but kinda not stable, still trying to find a way to break 3.5! .. currently using the wire wrap "volt mod" @ 1.85v .. I think I need more juice to hit 3.5 or something .. hmmmm

with an abit board, i think that you will be able to get there. with the wire trick set at 1.7 default, you can set the voltage all the way up to 2.2, and depending on your ps, and what kinda drop you get from it, have the juice you need. dunno, you have already went through so many mobo's.:D

pacino said:
Sorry! .. been busy hehe, Yep, super solid stable @ 3Ghz .. I did hit 3.1 but kinda not stable, still trying to find a way to break 3.5! .. currently using the wire wrap "volt mod" @ 1.85v .. I think I need more juice to hit 3.5 or something .. hmmmm

that is awesome. :eek: 3 going for 3.5 :eek: , hey, great job and yeah, keep us all posted on your overclock. i am know i am certainly interested and i am sure others are too:)

jdmcnudgent said:
with an abit board, i think that you will be able to get there. with the wire trick set at 1.7 default, you can set the voltage all the way up to 2.2, and depending on your ps, and what kinda drop you get from it, have the juice you need. dunno, you have already went through so many mobo's.:D

I know! LOL! .. Which Abit we're talking about here? TH7-II ? .. I'm using Antec 400watt PSU tho' ..

Recieved the bios you need

I received that bios that you need to allow the core voltage at 2.1 without the vcore wire trick. Get in touch for it. Might help you reach that 3.5 you're trying for.

jdmcnudgent, You can have it when you stop in to the store today along with your new P4B266 board. Talk to you later.

Back