• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Packaging for RMA????HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

domstar

Hi,
i am attempting to RMA my Maxtor drive but i require packaging. Apparentley I can buy it from them But I am having great diffaculty in doing so. Does any one have any suggestions on making the packaging?
even better does someone have any that they would donate me?
I am based in UK and would be happy to pay sumin for it, id also cover postage costs. anyone bought a new maxtor drive recently?cos if you have I would be most grateful for the packaging it came in.
Cheers,
DoM

Cjwinnit

B&
domstar said:
Hi,
i am attempting to RMA my Maxtor drive but i require packaging. Apparentley I can buy it from them But I am having great diffaculty in doing so. Does any one have any suggestions on making the packaging?
even better does someone have any that they would donate me?
I am based in UK and would be happy to pay sumin for it, id also cover postage costs. anyone bought a new maxtor drive recently?cos if you have I would be most grateful for the packaging it came in.
Cheers,
DoM

If you can wait a few days i'm getting a Hard drive sent to me through Royal Mail from Hitachi/IBM in proper packaging. If you can wait....

OP
domstar

domstar

Well thats the best offer ive had. thanks alot that would be great. how long is a few days?Ill take you up on this and will let you know if i no longer need it. Do you want me to email my details or something similar?
Cheers,
DoM

Hookem

I have heard that you need to send Maxtor drives in a anti-static bag and between foam rubber...Supposedly if you send it in styrofoam peanuts they will send it back to you...;) ...Just something I heard...:D

OP
domstar

domstar

im sure If I use packaging that another new hard drive has come in them itll be fine as no manufacturer is going to supply thier drives is rubbish packaging.
DoM