• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Page_fault?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it means your hard drive is being corrupted.your memory is getting errors,a somewhat common feature with via chipsets.you might want to update the via ide controllers to microsofts drivers.there is no loss of speed using ms's(you can allways change the drivers back later if you wish).

you should also run system file checker asap to replace corrupted files.not sure how in xp but in winn 2000 you go to command prompt type in sfc /scannow and will be asked for the installation cd to replace corrupted files.click on help and type in system file checker to see if it is the same for xp.

I knew it! I heard a quite clicking noise and mypc would freeze, i had a suspision of who the culprit was, damn hardrives, the heads are crashing and now i gotta buy a new one. thanks for help.

I got page faults in non paged area when my power lead to my swap disk was through a y spliter.
Check all of your conections the slightest movements can cause a bad conection to cause havoc

he's right it is not neccessarily a bad hd,just that it or the data written to it are being corrupted.
go to wd's website they have excellent diagnostic programs for their hard drives,so that you may know for sure before you spend the money needlessly.it can be downloaded to a floppy disc and run.also look into other disc diagnostic programs.

Back