• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Paging Gautam (and anyone wanting to help OC my A64)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just to troubleshoot your problems, did you clear your CMOS by resetting the jumper?

If not, then what I might guess could be the cause of your troubles would be that the PCI bus was not locked? Maybe whent too far out of spec? I apologize if this sounds silly, I am trying the best I can to offer advice but I am still stuck in the Athlon XP Tbred and Via kt400 era.

If you did reset your CMOS, then my only other guess would be that the board is giving you your problems. I have heard of people having trouble with the MSI K8N Neo sevral times already, so I would not doubt it if the board had trouble. Good Luck to you!

Sorry if I could not be of much help

-0Cer

CircuitBreaker8 said:
I heard Gautam was a noob
Your kidding right?

CircuitBreaker8 said:
<.>.<.> w00t w00t I out arrow thingied you :p.

CircuitBreaker8 said:
On a serious note, I like coco puffs.
Me too.

CircuitBreaker8 said:
On a MORE serious note, thats a great OC out of the box but you might want better cooling.

I agree. That is a great OC, and your temps are fine, but if you are going to push any further on the Vcore you MIGHT want to consider a more powerful fan on the heatsink. You have a great heatsink. If you buy a fan, I recomend the 92mm Thermal Take Smart Fan 2 or the Enermax Adjustable. Both are adjustable and move the most air for the noise they make compared to most fans. But, overall your temps look pretty good to me, I just recomend a better fan if you push your CPU any further.

Back