• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Paint to match Antec "metallic gray"?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Derodeo

Registered
It's probably a long shot but does anyone know of a spray paint color that comes close to matching what Antec uses on their "performance plus AMG" cases (they call it a metallic gray although I think of it as more a charcoal gray). Thanks.

trdsw20

Luckily for you there is a ton of different auto paints. I fyou go to a auto supply store you are bound to find at least 6 different greys from one spray paint manufacturer alone.
I did my case in gun mental and this paint runs a bit darker then the cap of the spray paint. Sorry forget the brand

BTW are you painting CDROMS???

sirtoby

Why not take a drive-bay cover with you and go to some place that sells paint and they'll probably be able to match it for you.

Detho9000

Registered
Bring a side panel to a specialty paint shop or hobby shop (the hobby shop could probably direct you to a specialty paint shop).

They can color match the paint, mix it and can it in an areosol can.
I just hope you got a fat wallet though.

You may also want to try to contact Antec directly. It's a long shot but they may be able to give you the paint mix parts so you can have it mixed or be able to sell you the paint in a spray can.

-D9K

OP
D

Derodeo

Registered
Thanks Detho9000 for the Antec contact idea. I have done that and am waiting for a reply. I don't actually have any specialty paint shops around here that I know of although I suspect some car body shops might do this. I was hoping there's some obscure off the shelf spray paint somewhere that comes close to matching.

I have a damaged Antec (right) side panel and also a spare side panel (I use a lot of Antec cases in systems I build). Unfortuately the spare panel is beige so I was hoping to paint it to match. "Metallic gray" is not a common color though...

OrionRU

antec metalic grey ==== Toyota dark grey / metalic grey

Trust me on this, I put my case and my 88' celica near each other, its a perfect match.

OP
D

Derodeo

Registered
Hey sounds good. Thanks very much OrionRU. I'll look for automotive paint matching late 80s Toyota dark grey.