• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Painted PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pixelpunk

Registered
Finished painting my PSU and getting it put back together today. The paint is Mirage Gold / Magenta. I wanted to try out the Mirage and see if I liked it for the inside of my case. Im happy with the color shifts. It appears cooper, brown, purple and magenta depending on the angle and lighting. I used a couple of coats of primer after sanding it down. The paint still chips real easy even with the clear coat on it. Ill end up stripping it down and getting hold of some self etching primer and trying again.

Anyone know where I can pick it up in a spray can? I know I can get it for shooting in an air setup.

Ill quit rambling and get to the pics.

psu_01.jpg

psu_02.jpg

psu_03.jpg

Any suggestions for getting a more durable finish would be appreciated.

Paradoxmaker

I painted my keyboard and moniter with the mirage purple/blue about 2 months ago and so far its quite durible. Did you buy the paint set that came with 3 colors of paint? The set I bought was the balck undercoat, the pearl colorchanging coat, and the clear overcoat. The whole set was made by Krylon and like I said its a really durible finish.

OP
P

Pixelpunk

Registered
weponhead - Thanks. I put 3 good coats of the clear on it.

Paradoxmaker - I used the same 3 can system. I think its due to the primer I used. I used regular auto primer on it, but I think Ill need to get some of the self etching and try that.

Thanks for the feedback.

four4875

yeah... why is the fan blowin in? and try some good clear coat to help with the chipping. and good job! i need to try the mirage stuff on somethin, see how i like it. might end up doing my amp with it.. either that, anodizing, or polishing.

OP
P

Pixelpunk

Registered
Thanks all for the comments. You caught me on the fan setting the wrong way. Ill get it turned around.

Skiing Squirrel - Thanks. Its sleeving that I did. Its gray with purple shrink tubing all from SVC .