• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Panaflo as CPU fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ritalin

Hey people!
I have a p4p800 (rev2.00) and i wanna use a panaflo 92mm h1b (high one) as my cpu fan on a sp-94.
Now im wondering what i need to do as it has no rpm sensor. SHould i still plug something in the cpu fan plug of the mobo? Should i connect it to the PSU? Either way, will it let the computer boot if it "sees" no cpu fan spinning?
Thx
Ritalin

Rit,I was referring to the Panaflo U1A as a HSF. It has no rpm capabilities that I'm aware of.Although Larva made mention of a trick on a type of fan to obtain rpm capabilities.I'm going to check it out today.I'll let you know about it.The only place I can find the Panaflo U1A 92mm fan,is at www.digi-key.comm .Enter Item# P9760-ND ..At that price,if you can get them over there,you may consider using them as case fans also. THE FANMAN:cool:

PS: The fan I'm using now has a conn. for the rpm,and I wired it to the mobo header. But it doesn't report rpm in the bios! Larva mentioned a mod I'm going to look in to. :D

Last edited:
I was about to say that you could just mod the connector. but sure enough, my case has a window and looking at the medium flow panaflo i have in my case now... they dont come with it..

never the less, shouldnt be too hard. you will want to rig your yellow wire to your mainboard. thats the only one that sends a signal thats its plugged in as far as i know.
thing is. your mainboard doesnt really care whats plugged in, as long as SOMTHING is. you could always use that port for another case fan failing a wire mod.
So, if you have an old dead cpu fan that has three wires, just snip it and rig up your yellow wire.
most motherboards will have cpu fan detection in the pc health section of your bios. you can disable this. but make sure you keep thermal shutdown on.

unless the high flow is different from my medium flow, the wire mod SHOULD work. i have not tried it, but the med flow will safely plug into the mobo i think.

So basically i HAVE to have something that will tell its rpm plugged in unless i disable the reading in the BIOS?

I have an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 Mobo and it lets me boot without a cpu fan plugged into the mobo, maybe your mobo will let you do the same.

I'm using H1A (80mm) and I don't bother use the rpm sensor. If the motherboard has "no boot on cpu fan" function it's diabled by default.

If you don't want to disable it, I'm pretty sure (like someone said) you can just mod the connector. The third pin should be RPM sensoring, although most Panaflo fan headers don't come with it.

I have an A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2.0, and I'm using a Panaflo L1A (80mm) with an SLK-800. It doesn't have an RPM wire, but the computer still boots, just around the POST it says "CPU Fan failed".

Back