• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Panaflo L1A 120 vs. Delta FFB1212VHE 120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am running a 130CFM in my case now. it is pretty loud and whiny at full blast the official rating for it is 48dba.

i have it hooked up to a rheostat and turned it down and it is fine now, probably IMO is like 37Dba and pushes around 100cfm.

If you are going to put a pair of them on a radiator in the push-pull type sandwich, you really do not need the de-spiraling vanes. The radiator will do that for you already. If your PC room is not too hot and your case sits on the floor (where it belongs) you can get all the airflow you need with a pair of 85cfm 120x38mm fans. That's what I use and even then, I reduce them with a rheostat when I'm not running stressful progams, to the point of being near-inaudible. The Panaflo is a good brand, but the Sunon 120x38 84cfm is an excellent equivalent to it at around $12.00.

Hoot

Well if I had the Panaflos, I'd use the push/pull config (or upgrade my rad with another pulling someday). With the Deltas, just having one push would make sense. Can the Delta's be decreased to the noise levels of the Panaflos?

rufus at 7v on the fans, they go 80cfm and make 33dba (i got this info from becooling.com who sells their fans 7vmodded). That is a little bit louder than the panaflow which operates at 30dba if my memory recalls correctly.

when i use my speed dial i need to be careful because at the slowest speed (i assume it is 5v) the fan does not even rotate.

it has vanes on it and it is not that whiny more of a loud loud noise. It is nowhere near as bad as the 60mm Delta 50cfm or 80mm delta 80cfm noisewise.

it is a good fan it is not noisy by anymeans if you use a rheostat on it.

i have 1 of them on my shroud merly because i could not afford to get another shroud and fan. i highly doubt it will make that much difference running w/ one or two fans, probably 2C load max which is not close to being worth the extra $40 it would cost (with shipping).

Cool! Thanks for the info. I swore to myself I'd never install another Delta or Sunon in my case after getting my Panaflos but those vane fans look so cool.

Back