• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Partitioning with XP and Compaq?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heroinjunkie

Hello, i am very confused with my situation and need some help. What i want to do is make 2 separate partitions out of an 80GB drive on a brand new Compaq presariao with all the ****ty built in hardware. It has a recovery disk and a WinXP disk that can only be used with it.

I started off using a Partition Magic 8.0 wizard that let me create 2 separate partitions, one C: and one F: ok. So i click my computer and look at the new partition i made, is that it? Do i have to (can i) install WinXP OS to the new partition to F:? How do i? I tried putting the restore cd in but that basically just reformated everything.

Im trying to use C: for programs and such and F: for Media files.

Im basicaly asking for idiot termanology here, for i feel like one right now. The Win help interface is not helping me at all. Thanks in advance.

If you've got PM 8.0, you can use the recovery CD to install, then resize(shrink) the partition and create a new media partition.

Back