• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Parts list mostly complete, need advice on fittings please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

This is my parts list so far, any recommendations or critiques are very much welcome. If Im missing something, please let me know too.

XSPC raystorm cpu waterblock v3 - intel - 49.99

EK-FC1070 GTX-Nickel - 125.99

Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240mm - 64.95
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240mm - 64.95

Phobya Balancer - 250mm - Black Nickel - 38.50

Koolance PMP-450S Strong High-flow D5 Pump - 76.99

XSPC High Flex Hose 1/2″ ID, 3/4″ OD (19/12.7mm) - Green / UV Green - 2.50/ft. 10 feet? 25

Corsair CO-9050032-WW Air Series SP120 120mm Green LED High Static Pressure Case Fan - Twin Pack - 20.99
Corsair CO-9050032-WW Air Series SP120 120mm Green LED High Static Pressure Case Fan - Twin Pack - 20.99

Total - 488.35 + fittings.

I am quite green on this, so Im quite unsure what fittings to buy. Not looking for super ham 20$ a piece fittings here, something cost effective that will do the job properly.

Do you prefer compression fittings or barbs?

Speaking from experience you may have issues with compression fittings on that block and you will have issues with compression fittings if you try to use the 2 bottom ports on that reservoir.

Do you prefer compression fittings or barbs?

Speaking from experience you may have issues with compression fittings on that block and you will have issues with compression fittings if you try to use the 2 bottom ports on that reservoir.

I want it to work basically :)

I have used the barrow compression fittings with good success throughout my system I also use the Xspc barbs with phobya clamps. The barbs are nice because you don't deal with fitment issues as much. The barrow compression fittings fit the Xspc block but are tight. Like I said on the res though it will depend on which ports you are using. If you intend to use both bottom ports compression fittings do not fit. If you are using any other combination of ports you should be good with compression.

I will link some products when I get home tonight.

So here are the links, I did not shop around for prices so you may be able to do better if you search around a little.

Barrow compression fittings

xspc barbs

Phobya clamps

Last edited:
I used the phyoba clamps on BP barbs. Check out my build log. They look very good IMHO, and I always stayed barbs, but that was quite a while back before compressions were the rage.

Well I really cannot speak to that pump looking at the specs it looks ok though. I know that everyone has been speaking highly of the swiftech mcp35x pump lately though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004N6ST8W?pc_redir=T1

As for the rads I had the 360 versions of those and absolutely loved them. What case are you trying to fit everything into?

I am not a personal fan of the corsair fans. I know there are some decent rad fans for similar prices I just need to try to find the link for them. It will depend a lot on if you want the green led lighting and how much you care about how they look. Once I find the link I'll post it up.

As for the gpu block you cannot go wrong with the EK fullcover blocks, just make sure you get the right one.

I have used the Xspc tubing and really never had issues with it. I know a lot of people recommend the primoflex advanced lrt tubing though. Since most of my stuff is not in a case anymore I have been using food grade milk tubing recently:D.

Mostly Complete

bob4933 said:
I am quite green on this, so Im quite unsure what fittings to buy. Not looking for super ham 20$ a piece fittings here, something cost effective that will do the job properly.

Bob, Bob...Bob,...
I am so sorry, but your parts list will never be complete.
You see there will always be some do-dad or something you will need...
Once you get into it you will change, modify, upgrade...

I have been working on a big wc project (See FatherTime proj link in sig).
There are some good parts reviews in there some where.
Remember you get what you pay for. Not to say there is a "bad" brand out there.

I choose to go predominantly with Koolance products and some EKWB stuff.
Koolance is local US and have good customer service.
EKWB is an interesting company in soemwhereania, Lithuania? Regardless, top-notch products and customer service
See EKWB Predator 360 and an EK MonoBlock in TheBianch.
Their fitting are top notch. Worth the little extra bit and not really too expensive.
If you haven't found Performance-PCs.com yet, they represent a decent selection of WC manufacturers/reviews.

Parts aside, make sure to think through the setup and don't overthink it at first like I did.
Flow Rate is your goal, and the best parts, set-up wrong will still suck.
I have yet to finish FatherTime, so I am really speaking out of the proverbial arse-hole,
But I decided to get my feet wet, hardy pun har, on my bench set-up, TheBiach (sig).

Tubing?
Lochekey said:
Since most of my stuff is not in a case anymore I have been using food grade milk tubing recently
What he doesn't tell you is that same tubing WAS actually used to milk cows!:rofl:

You can't go wrong with any tubing manufacturer. The difference you will see is flexibility/pliability.
The ekwb black hose on TheBianch is different. A rubber hose and super flexible.
I can't speak to aging/drying/cracking issues.

Conumdrum said:
..Check out my build log...
Check as many as you can. It's unbelievable the different approaches everyone takes.
What makes this all so cool. Although its already been done, it hasn't been done by you!

Block On!!

Cheers

Thanks for the advice gents! Bought a guitar today, so I'll have a bit of time to sort and plan parts.

Definitely looking at different things. Im not trying to "over buy", more function over form for most of it, admittedly the fans are more for aesthetics, and I know they are well reviewed for the most part (I know there are better fans out there).

Back