• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Passmark benchy anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ol' man

Here is a slightly complicated method to gather pretty good info regarding your chip and hardware setup.

When you download this zipper run the .exe and then extract the cel-t1.82GHz .pt file over into the performence test folder. WHen done you can run it into your benchmarking platform. It is kinda neat and passmark has some cool graphics when it benches your vid card. Here it is. You can share your benchies by making a zip file with them and posting them. I am eager to see the AMD and PIV benchies.

MospeadasDark

Here's a zip of the passmark file to compare. I just noticed ol'man had a 2gig HDD.

edit: I installed the intel inf drivers and uninstalled the intel app accelerator. Fixed my low video scores. Passmark: 169.9 MFLOPS was the same(of course) Just posted this for anyone getting slow video and have installed the intel application accelerator.

Last edited:
OP
ol' man

ol' man

MospeadasDark said:
Here's a zip of the passmark file to compare. I just noticed ol'man had a 2gig HDD.

edit: I installed the intel inf drivers and uninstalled the intel app accelerator. Fixed my low video scores. Passmark: 169.9 MFLOPS was the same(of course) Just posted this for anyone getting slow video and have installed the intel application accelerator.

Haha, I never saw that. Actually it is a 80g with a 2gb partition for my OS.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
This box is for testing purposes only, so it has a plain old ATI expert 98 pci video card, and an ata 66 drive, so I tossed out the overall score. This box should only be an indication of raw processing performance, mem bandwidth, etc.

Flop score = 746.4 [email protected]

DDR-PIII

Disabled
Heres my baseline... the only thing thats kick *** about it is the many worlds "3d graphics" bency... 800+FPS :) on a voodoo4 4500PCI @ stock speed :) 166Mhz :) The PC in my sig is broke right now so I used some of its MEMORY and the GFX card :)

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Okay I borrowed my good geforce 3 card from another box temporarily and ran the test again. Same megaflops, but the good video card got the passmark score up to 318 :)

MospeadasDark

What are we comparing here? Just the processor power score or overall system? It wouldn't be fair to those w/ super procs and crappy video would it?

And where are the AMD rigs at?

TC

Senior Seti Addict
I think it would be most effective to compare processing power alone. There's too much variation from one rig to the next as far as video and hard drive performance. For instance my P4 rig had an overall score of only 208 with the crappy video card and slow hard drive, but the processing power is at the top of the scale.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
Pass Mark rating 308

Mega Flops 1598.9

Is this a good Score ??? lol

NeoMoses

and at 10.5X174 = 1827

Passmark: 255.6
MegaFLOPS: 923.0

Any benches from faster Northwoods? 3.0-3.5 GHz maybe?