• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Password-protected IE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mastametz

Well my friend came to me today with a question that i could not answer (which really bothered me). He was asking how he might password protect his dsl internet access through internet explorer. More specifically, he wanted to keep his sister from getting on the internet by password protecting it somehow. He is using IE, and he has dsl. Help appreciated. :santa2:

dicecca112

not sure if you can do that, but he could create a user account one for him one for her, were he didn't allow her priveleges to the internet, via IE

Jason

If he's using Windows NT/2000/XP, just hit CTRL-ALT-DEL (Twice if XP and Simple login is enabled) and click "Lock Computer"

OP
Mastametz

Mastametz

Jason said:
If he's using Windows NT/2000/XP, just hit CTRL-ALT-DEL (Twice if XP and Simple login is enabled) and click "Lock Computer"
Thx for suggestion but he wants to lock internet not whole computer. I might suggest that Pprotect program to him though.