• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PotentialPit95

Registered
im a first builder but i know a bit here's my build i'm waiting for ryzen though, i might have enough wait time for vega to come out i don't really care kaby lake besides their really good(value) g4560. rx 480 4gb for 180$ 8gb 50$ ram 1tb barracuda hard drive, g 402 mouse, VG245H monitor(free sync 75hz 1ms response 170$), evga gq 600w 60$ semi modular(selling point), Help with case and maybe with what zen proccesor i should get on tech channel some1 assumed different zen processors and prices so i dont know im thinking of going for 4 core one. The case should be nice to build in decent looking hopefully with window and nice looking if i put in red fans.Also anything a should change thanks

A very confusing post. Did you type this from a cell phone or do you have something against punctuation marks and paragraph formatting?

I cannot tell from your post if you are saying you are indifferent about Kaby Lake and just might go with an old technology Haswell Pentium or if you are intending to wait for Zen to come out.

It sounds like you already have some of the components but I'm not sure if I'm reading that correctly or if so, which ones you already have. The only thing that is actually clear to me about what you said was that you don't have a case yet but would like one with a window that would match red fans.

Is English your first language?

whats the 1tb spinner u mean get 1 tb hdd with 480gb ssd that pretty expensive im goint for a 800-1000 and i said waiting for zen, but thanks ill check

It is very tough to read, this post... I agree. But I would get an SSD for your OS for sure. That's about all I can make out of it though, lol.

also ocz is expensive my psu is 60$ ocz is 100$. I was desiding between 16gb and 8 guess ill go with 16. I'll look at the case.

- - - Updated - - -

oh sry im lazy.

Potential, A few things from your First post:

Cases only matter in two areas for a first time build; Motherboard compatibility, and aesthetic preference.

In your case(no pun intended), you are still undecided for your motherboard due to the fact you are waiting for the Ryzen chips that are close to release(About 1-3 months)

I think it would be perfectly acceptable to go with the current midrange champions, which would net you 2-4 years of good use.

What kind of room do you have for a case footprint?(Width, height, depth limits)

Do you like very large and heavy cases that have large, quiet fans?(240+mm fans)

Do you want a case that supports easy access to components?

Do you want Full ATX motherboard sizes?(That limits you to mid towers and above)

There are a few other things, but lets get these questions answered first so we have something tangible to work with.

Potential, A few things from your First post:

Cases only matter in two areas for a first time build; Motherboard compatibility, and aesthetic preference.

In your case(no pun intended), you are still undecided for your motherboard due to the fact you are waiting for the Ryzen chips that are close to release(About 1-3 months)

I think it would be perfectly acceptable to go with the current midrange champions, which would net you 2-4 years of good use.

What kind of room do you have for a case footprint?(Width, height, depth limits)

Do you like very large and heavy cases that have large, quiet fans?(240+mm fans)

Do you want a case that supports easy access to components?

Do you want Full ATX motherboard sizes?(That limits you to mid towers and above)

There are a few other things, but lets get these questions answered first so we have something tangible to work with.

And also cooler options.

Of course i like good looking cases, but i really just want something nice to build in thats 70$ or below preferably atx but maybe micro atx, i like window and good airflow. first build but i think i know what im doing. But plz help(says he knows wat he's doing...)

the corsair carbide air 540 is a bit higher in price but, I find it is a very nice case to build in. easy for my old eyes to see in, my ham sized fists can reach into it, has good airflow, fits almost all coolers, long graphics cards fit, custom water loops are a bit of a challenge to plan though.
it also has a nice sized window and comes in white and black.

8 gigs of ram is plenty to start out with and you can add more if you really need to.

here is a pick of mine.

PIC_1048.JPG

PIC_1044.JPG

Back