• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Gaming Monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keysta75

Registered
Hey guys I need some help here. I'm looking into getting a new pc monitor for gaming but i need to know what should I look for when I'm on my quest for this gaming monitor. I'm not to familiar with the response time so maybe someone could break it down for me. If so could you guys post some suggestions and then explain why. The monitors sizes could be in the range of 24"-27".

Invest in getting an ASUS VG248QE. It is a 24" 1920x1080 with 144 Hz, but, has a special feature if you are running an NVIDIA video card called Lightboost. 120Hz + Lightboost enabled = CRT-like gaming experience.

Last I checked Amazon was selling for $250.

With that said, if you have an AMD video card, you will miss out on Lightboost, but can still run either 120Hz or 144Hz

If you're willing to spend $250-350, your options would be the Lightboost monitor or a 27" 2560x1440 96-120Hz (overclocked refresh rate) PLS (better picture quality) monitor from eBay. It comes down to image quality vs perfect smoothness.

You can still enable Lightboost on AMD cards through a hack.

If you're willing to spend $250-350, your options would be the Lightboost monitor or a 27" 2560x1440 96-120Hz (overclocked refresh rate) PLS (better picture quality) monitor from eBay. It comes down to image quality vs perfect smoothness.

You can still enable Lightboost on AMD cards through a hack.

Also you can enable lightboost by plugging in a cheap nvidia card with lightboost capability, enabling lightboost on the monitor, then remove the card and replace with an AMD card, so long as the DVI cable remains attached to the monitor, the Lightboost settings should remain from the nvidia card.

My vote would go for whichever you feel you want more, as mentioned above by Knufire. Perfect smoothness in games and desktop movement, or downright beautiful image quality.

Thanks guys for the info. I have another question I plan on running a two/dual monitor setup. One will be used for playing games only and the other monitor will be used to watch movies or surf the net while playing my games. I'm plan on getting the EVGA GTX 770. Will this card be able to do this or do I need to get a better card or should I get another 770 and run it SLi? I don't know thanks for any advice.

A single 770 will be fine for gaming with one monitor while the other panel is used for desktop use.

Please go HERE and go down to ICC Profiles to download the ICC profile for Windows for your nVidia card. There are instructions on how to install a profile as well, as the standard monitor colors can look washed out.

Also, visit THIS wonderful site to get an idea of your new monitor's wonderful feature known as Lightboost. The site also lists the ToastyX tool and instructions on how to enable and use Lightboost. For which I recommend 120Hz + Lightboost enabled for the best experience with the monitor.

buying new monitor is difficult now a days cuz of chip shortage you should wait for the chip shortage to end then you can get the value for your money

I wonder if the necro thread bump is from someone responding to the similar threads pane at the bottom of the page?

Back