• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc keep rebooting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mjafni

hi. i'm new in this forum but i'm hoping that someone can help me with my problem. i had this problem that last time i was doing large format photo editing using photoshop about 300 to 600 dpi and 100 to 200MB per file. the situation when wrong after that when i ran photoshop espesially or other application as well, my pc just reboot without any warning. then i reformat and install new os. during installation also it seems i can't smooth install. i kept switching my hard drive and finally i had a smooth installation. but still sometimes my pc just reboot without any warning, just not as frequently as before. i think the problem caused by the hard drive. anyone? thanks.

Dual PIII 1GHz
1GB Apacer SDRAN PC133
Quadro DCC mod from Winfast GF3 128MB
SB Live! Value
DLink DFE538TX NIC
Abit VP6 Motherboard
Western Digital 130GB total (20GB system, 30GB data, 80GB RAID)
700W PSU in 2 units (450W for system, 250W for cooling)
Sony CDRW

EeyoreX

Registered
Sounds to me like it may actually be your memory that is going bad. If you have more than one stick, try each one, one at a time to see which, if any, give you errors. If you only have one stick, you maybe can borrow some from a friend?

Hope this helps.

\Dan

SpyderMatrix

i had that same problem too and it turned out to be bad memory if you have not corrected this problem please try changing the memory