• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Rebirth ; Need Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eagerly

Registered
Hello ! Name's Syahril but I prefer being called by my username. So, I'm planning to rebirth my pc is somehow possible. PC was bought back 4-5 years then and I could say its 'rusty'. So this rebirth thing will get maxed performance of what it's capable of.
I wanted to do something like :
-Reformat
-Reinstall Windows 7
-Create necessary system backup
-Upgrade affordable hardware
-A little overclock
So far that I know is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit is best for windows 7 since its capabilities. And I'm also aware about how my hardware are less OC-able but still I would like to get the best out of everything I have. Please provide me advices and everything that I can upgrade (more like update) without actually buying new stuff.
SPECS :
GPU; Nvidia GeForce 210 1024 DDR3 (based on box)
; Approx. Total Memory : 2607MB (based on dxdiag)
CPU; Intel Pentium G620 - 2.60GHz
RAM; 8GB (3.49GB Usable) - I'm assuming only half is usable due to 32bit system
OS; Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
DirectX: Dx11
Display; 1600x900 60Hz
Driver Model; WDDM 1.1
Any advice,tips and info is appreciated ;):cheers:

Welcome to OCF, Eagerly. It would be beneficial to know the make/model of your motherboard to see what we could upgrade that CPU to. I'm certain you could benefit from a couple more cores on that CPU. If you can replace it with say an i5 2500 you would get a speed boost and 2 more cores.

I'm not really into expensive upgrade like gpu, cpu, etc. But I can work for it. My MoBo is Intel DH61WW X86. By the way, let me know if I can buy a minimal price CPU and combine/ install and use two processors.

Well that pentium and board are locked for the multiplier so IF you have an option to raise the baseclock you could get a 5% speed increase tops by setting it up to 105 from 100 but I doubt you'll have the option. So the only alternative is replacing the CPU. You can check here and see if you can find something more affordable http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel/DH61WW.html
Look for 4 cores and a decent base cpu speed. I don't know where you shop or the local market prices so you'll likely need to do this yourself.
Something like the i3 2120 or 2125 is dual core with HT so 2 cores 4 threads and 3.3 base speed might be more affordable and should work in that board as well just check the BIOS version you're using and the BIOS version that the CPU needs. If it needs an update you'll want to do that before you swap parts.

Current budget = 0. But upgrading cpu will be in my list. Do I have to upgrade because they are more capable of OC? Other than that anything else I can update (software,system thing, anything) that will max my low end pc? Free is preferred :)

Not really, that PC is pretty low end. Even with another CPU you won't be able to OC it. The motherboard won't let you.
What are your uses for this machine>

As Johan stated, you frankly won't get much more performance out of your current machine other than replacing parts.

You could try find a used i5 2400/2500 somewhere, but you won't really be able to overclock either your current machine or a new CPU due to board limitations.

Generally this pc I'm focusing for free roam games on medium graphics . Does changing the board with same socket can improve OC capability?

Your current CPU won't overclock either so a new board would still need a new CPU
My advice is to make do for now, save your money and buy something better overall. New or used doesn't really matter but your current system has you in a box. No way to improve it without spending some money.

Your current CPU won't overclock either so a new board would still need a new CPU
My advice is to make do for now, save your money and buy something better overall. New or used doesn't really matter but your current system has you in a box. No way to improve it without spending some money.

+1

Back