• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC unbootable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can't do this since the machine doesn't boot with the chinese branded stick alone. Will run the test on the kingston stick it if even completes the test it will def be the off brand. Currently at 26% pass one over 24hrs running the test.

Can't do this since the machine doesn't boot with the chinese branded stick alone.

Dude.......that's your freaking problem.
No boot on that stick alone = bad stick.

You knew this all along and didn't volunteer the info? :bang head

The stick I figured wasn't booting with the motherboard due to the fact it was a off brand that has no compatibility with the motherboard. When its in the board with the kingston ram it works fine so figured it was fine to continue using since I was not aware how serious the BSOD's were. At the initial point when I was getting alot of BSOD's I put it down to the fact no Windows reinstall had been done at that time.

If you figured it had no compatibility with the MB you should have taken the hint, especially that you were booting at that point.

Ended up getting another 16gb stick to go in my machine, is there a way to test the system for errors since memtest and windows mem test pass with no problems?

I recall hearing about some dev cmd line that can be used to try generate the error again, I forgot what the cmd is saw it a month or so ago when trying to find answers to my problem.

Back