• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC wont boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonram1

I had a older rig set aside with:
AMD 3000+ 754
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
Albertron 6800 GT
512MB RAM

that i was looking to put to some use. It had been laying up for over a year (was working fine before that). Now when i plug it in, it turns on without me hitting the power button, and the monitor doesn't output. I decided to reseed all the the RAM, video card, and cpu and it stopped starting automatically, and the monitor showed it starting to boot, but it froze. I shut it down, and when i came back today, i turned hit the power button, and it started up but no output to monitor. Shut it down powered it up again, and no output again, and this time it wouldn't shut off by the power button, i had to disconnect the power, and now it is turning on automatically when i give power to the PSU.

Looking for any ideas as to what might be wrong, my initial instinct says mobo

First thing you shoud to is take everything out (RAM, Video card, CPU etc). Re-install the componets, reset the CMOS and try again.

I removed all of the components and even reseeded the motherboard in case it was causing a short, also cleared the CMOS but am having the same results

Back