• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc3200 recognized as a pc2400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tru2ya

pc3200 recognized as a pc2100?

I finally got my cpu so i could try out my new parts. When I booted to windows cpuid shows my ddr speed at 266mhz?

Titan386

Thats because your FSB speed is 133mhz, when its doubled pumped, it becomes 266mhz. In order to take advantage of your RAM, you have to increase the FSB. Note that your chances of reaching pc3200 speeds without unlocking the CPU are rather slim.

OP
T

Tru2ya

Opps! I guess i still have a lot to learn.:rolleyes: I just assumed that its suppost to run at 400mhz by default. But i was also wondering why i can boot into windows with a fsb of 160mhz, but at fastest timings i cant? I didnt thing that had anything to do with a locked cpu. I'm also using the harddrive from my previous system so i have none of the drivers for the new mobo installed. Do you think that would have an effect on not being able to boot into windows at a higher speed?

cypher

On that mobo you can run different clock speeds between the memory and the cpu, but in my experience often times it will not work. Its possible that the fastest timing will not work with that memory being as it is not pure cas 2 try relaxing the settings. Also try to run the memory and cpu synchronously that has always worked best for me.