• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC3500 434MHz CL2 1T Command! READY!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

http://www.corsairmicro.com/main/PR_cmx3500c2.html

This is it!, the worlds most powerful memory, Corsair PC3500 CL2 Platinum.

This stuff can do 500MHz at CL2.5 with 2T command rates. I'd really like to see what happens when we throw this stuff in a KT400 or nForce2!!!!!

EDIT: I just realized how much this ram would stress even the fastest chipsets :) Ohwell, it was about darn time they made memory that performed behond ordinary ;)

OC-Master

Last edited:

Garfield

Placid said:
No need for more dividers just allow fixing the agp/pci bus like intel chipsets already do.

what exactly would this do to help the stressing and capability? what do you mean? how would you "fix" it? for higher bus speeds? wouldn't it just be easier to make another divider?

strokeside

Wasn't there an article on the main page about how VIA said it could not put a 1/6 divider (at least I think it was the 1/6) into the chipset/PLL for some reason. Running FSB of 250 would give a PCI of 50 with a 1/5 and 41.66 with a 1/6. both of these would stress the PCI / AGP components.
--------edit---- Here is the test fo the intro
A New Scandal: PCIGate! Via says a PCI divisor of /6 doesn't and can't work on a KT400 board. What do you call two companies offering products that say they'll do that? What do you call one company that says it can in their manual and says it can't on the website? I call it scandalous.
---------------------------------------

I would like to see the locking of the pci/AGP become available to the AMD chip market too. It takes away some of the hassle when figuring out what component is slowing down your system.

I think segregating the PCI/AGP and the Memory and the FSB into 3 different things would bo cool.

Last edited:
OP
OC-Master

OC-Master

With the latest bios flash, the ASUS nForce2 A7N8X allows for FSB speeds of up to 500MHz and memory speeds of up to 1GHz (200% of FSB). So if you had you FSB at 500MHz and your memory was running at 200% then technically, your memory would be running at a whoppin 1GHz.

Of course nothing could or ever will achieve that at least with DDR1 memory. But I think with the A7N8X, one could easily run a 450MHz FSB along with the memory at 105% of the FSB (225/100x105=236MHz x 2 = 472MHz.

FSB at 450MHz and memory at 472MHz. That can easily be done with this memory and this motherboard.

OC-Master

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
Yeah, they released this ram last month, but the thing is that people are having a hard time running it at aggressive timing. They spec it to run at DDR433, 2-4-4-8-1T. In the whole world theres only 1 mobo have that timing, and its the Asus A7V-8x. When using other mobo, people found that it performs worst than PC3200c2. Here is a thread over at TheHouseOfHelp on this issue.