• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI Divider

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

hmm, i'm kind of unsure of what your asking.

I'll break down what dividers are usualy available.

at 133mhz, the PCI is 1/4, and AGP 1/2. at 166mhz, the PCI is 1/5, and agp 2/5, and 200 is 1/6 and 1/3.

However, some boards don't have dividers at higher speeds.
for example, a KT266/266A only has a 1/4 PCI divider and 1/2 AGP divider

a KT333 has a 1/4 and 1/5 PCI, and a 1/2, 2/5 AGP.

You would be better off stating your problem or what you want to do...(include your system) and we can help you out much better.

Welcome to the forums!

OP
Z

zikronix

Registered
I have a soyo dragon ultra kt333 I just wanted to know the pci/agp speeds so i dont run it too far out of spec for example if I wanted to use a 155 FSB or a 140 I kinda want a table that show what the defaults should be and what the would be @ certain fsb

deadkenny

PCI spec is always 33MHz, and AGP is always 66MHz. Whereas nForce2 has a PCI 'lock', so that the PCI can be locked at 33MHz regardless of the FSB, many m/b's use dividers as previously explained. Usually the dividers kick in automatically, depending on the FSB, so it makes OC'ing more difficult if you can't get the FSB to the next integer multiple of 33MHz.

OP
Z

zikronix

Registered
that seems odd becasue @ 166FSB the PCI would be 41.5 unless it kicks back down to 33 @ 166 but @ that point it would be a 1/5 divider. Please Advise

attack

you are right zikronix. At 166mhz (maybe even a couple mhz lower), the 1/5 PCI divider, and 2/5 AGP divider kick in on KT333 boards. I'd try to run right at 166mhz or higher if possible. running around 160 with a 1/4 PCI divider (to check your PCI speed run sisoft sandra, theres an app that will show your PCI frequency) will cause data corruption on most HDD's/setups. I would stop at 155 with a 1/4 divider....again i'm pretty sure the 1/5 divider on KT333's doesn't kick in till 165 but i could be wrong