• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI position on Dragon +

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

opticle

Registered
When I put my sound card in it STILL locks my computer. SOYO says something aobut putting the PCI devices in the lower PCI slot if the computer locks. Has anyone tried this or had a similar problem ? Why would the PCI slot make a difference ? I have my SCSI card in he top slots and that has no problems.

Taylor

I use the onboard sound. Make sure on yours it is disabled. Also try installing it before you install other cards like the scsi. Also make sure you have all your pci setting right in the bios.

SatanSkin

Disable the onboard sound. I had a problem with my computer freezing up when i used the onboard and i found out that there are conflicts with the IRQs of the onboard sound and either the PCI slots in general, or the PCI slot with you graphics card (if you have PCI) in it. i just disable onboard sound and all works fine.

Psychosylph

I've heard with this board that you should place a sound card in slot 4 or 5 because it will conflict with the RAID controller (I think that's what it was) if you put it in the top three. Can't remember where I read it, though.

JoshuaB

Registered
Slots 3 and 4 are your best bet (less IRQ sharing with other devices, slot 3 in particular).

This link is to a site in German, but you will get the idea:

Link

Last edited:

mariner1911

Registered
I don't know if all soyo boards act the same, but apparently on the kt400 the pci slots have assigned interrupts that could possibly cause conflicts with your hardware. The attached image came from page 20 in my MB manual