• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium IV with 800MHz FSB!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petreza

I don't know if I am the first one to see this but.......

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=6285

I guess I will have to postpone upgrading:(

P.S. This message was originally posted in "AMD CPU's" by mistake. I asked through a PM Mr B to move it to "Intel CPU's" and he did it. His comment "Done. ;) " (below) refers to that the moving was done.

Last edited:

oops

then dual channel DDR400 will have good use on it :)

but how come they are saying

"Next year, the 400MHz system buses for Pentium 4s will completely disappear from the Intel roadmaps and sale pitches."??

They are still selling PIII733MHZ which was out 2.5 ~ 3 years ago I think.

NookieN

They must mean there won't be any new 400Mhz fsb chips after the 800's come out. But 400's will still be around through 2003 and into 2004, especially in the 'value' segment.

oops

NookieN said:
They must mean there won't be any new 400Mhz fsb chips after the 800's come out. But 400's will still be around through 2003 and into 2004, especially in the 'value' segment.

Didn't you even notice me, Ran-chan?

NookieN

mirko_3 said:
but 800 Mhz won't be good for overclocking, will it?

Hard to say now. It might mean no more 75% overclocks, but I don't think it would do away with overclocking. The worst that can happen is you'll have to run your fsb faster than your ram. But really, that's the way things are currently for DDR on Intel boards.

It also means one of two things: either all chips will have to be broken into gradations by 200Mhz (e.g. 4Ghz, 3.8, 3.6), OR Intel brings back 1/2 multipliers.

mirko_3

I'm already anticipating when people will overclock their FSB to 1000Mhz... that's crazy, what's all the bus bandwith needed for? Isn't 533 enough for DDR?
Oh, I forgot, DDRII...

JCLW

DDRII will come in 400, 533, and 600 flavours. Dual channel 533 will run at spec with a 4x266=1064FSB (33% o/c) and dual channel 600 will run at spec at a 4x300=1200FSB (50% o/c).

- JW

oops

NookieN said:

Aww co'mon Ukyo, I didn't mean it!

lol, I am sick of Akane and the rest...

I have been on my own for ten years since 6-year-old because of you and your dad broke the promise and left me behind :eh?:
(don't you think it's a dangous world for a little girl on her own? Good thing is I am also a martial artist beside a okonomiyaki master)

Don't forget the relationship between Akane and you = you and me, the rest ones are just ....

And the way you treat me is so different to the way you treat Akane.(such as you only gave her gifts, but didn't even come to say hi during the holiday even you've passed by)

You only think about me when you are hungry, so you can get free okonomiyaki.

The only reason Akane is the closest one to you is because you two are together most of the time due to your selfish dad force you live in Tendo house with him, so he can eat and live for free.
:(

Agree?

Besides, who do you think is the most beautiful one?(doesn't count the usual way I dress at school, that's the reason why everyone thought I was a boy when I first transfered in, but that's the purpose I dress that way. Don't even mention I was in an all-boy's school)

Last edited: