• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium4 1.6ghz northy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noskas

hello everybody :)
I've got Intel Pentium4 1.6GHZ 1.5V Northwood socket 478 processor.
My motherboard is: Biostar P4M80-M4 (jus like in this thread http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505395)
My video card is ncidia geforce fx5200 128mb, and my rams are 1gb kingston 200mhz.
Everything works out great for me, I even can gain my maximum FSB (min-100 max-132), but there is a problem with the games. When i turn on game like COunter Strike or something like that, the view is like crazy, for example in Live For Speed the Road goes with lines till sky and something like that. I read that it is because my PCI/AGP/SATA bus isn't locked.
Question:
how can i lock that PCI/AGP/SATA bus?(where can i find it, here is my bios manual: http://www.scribd.com/doc/5519881/P4M80M4-0119C-B)
Sorry for mistakes, i hope you undertood me.

how can i lock that PCI/AGP/SATA bus?

You can't. The board doesn't support a lock, and there's no way to manually set the PCI dividers either.

If you can get your CPU to work at 133fsb, you may be able to pin-mod it to use the 533fsb strap... that would cause the board to automatically switch to a different PCI divider and bring things back in spec.

Though, honestly, you'd probably be better off just picking up a faster CPU off eBay... you can get 800fsb P4 HT chips in the 2.8-3ghz range for under $10, and IMO it'd be worth that much just to avoid the trouble of doing a pin mod.

You can't. The board doesn't support a lock, and there's no way to manually set the PCI dividers either.

If you can get your CPU to work at 133fsb, you may be able to pin-mod it to use the 533fsb strap... that would cause the board to automatically switch to a different PCI divider and bring things back in spec.

Though, honestly, you'd probably be better off just picking up a faster CPU off eBay... you can get 800fsb P4 HT chips in the 2.8-3ghz range for under $10, and IMO it'd be worth that much just to avoid the trouble of doing a pin mod.

So just say how can i overclock my pc plz. It would be great to have 2.0Ghz without view mistakes.

Back