• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pep+peltier from Leufken?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seve

Have any one tried the pep with the 72w peltier from leufken.

I am thinking of performance (high and low temps) and what about condensation?

large amounts of condensation, you will need to seal the peltier, the area around the cpu on the motherboard, the area underneath the cpu on the motherboard (socket 370 board), the on die cache on the bottom side of the cpu, and the space between the closed cell foam and the heatsink, with electric grade silicone. I recommend getting a peltier kit since it comes with the cold plate and closed cell foam needed with a peltier. Also, the PEP66 has 4 rubber feet on the bottom which prevents it from touching the peltier completely, which will cause the peltier to burn up. You will need to cut off the feet with a razor, or you could get the PAL6035 from alpha, which does not have the rubber feet, and cools peltiers more sufficiantly. The fans, the peltier kits, and the electric grade silicone can be purchased from http://www.millisec.com/ at a very good price. And dont bother with the copper shim, it is useless. If you dont know what a copper shim is, you can find out from millisec.

I will be using it with my celeron 566@910 1.8v. This is obtained with an golden orb.

Will I be able to push it much further with the kit from leufken, which should contain all what is needed also to prevent condensation. I am just hoping some of you have had some experiences with the kit. Was there any signs off condensation? What where your high and low temps?

seve (Jan 12, 2001 02:37 p.m.):
I will be using it with my celeron 566@910 1.8v. This is obtained with an golden orb.

Will I be able to push it much further with the kit from leufken, which should contain all what is needed also to prevent condensation. I am just hoping some of you have had some experiences with the kit. Was there any signs off condensation? What where your high and low temps?
There is a good chance that yoour CPU is neaar it's limit. I don't think that you will get the CPU to 133FSB, you will likely fall short with a goofy FSB. The only way to know for sure is to try it and find out. I have the 72w kit, I used it on a Socket7 chip for a few hours with no problems.

Back