• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pfn list corrupt paranoia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frickfrock99

So yesterday I got two blue screens.
One after installing something called Peerblock, which I didn't catch any details on.
And one just randomly, after I uinstalled it.
I have since used tune up utitilies and advanced system care to clean out any registry entries it may have left, but that's not the bizzare thing.

I thought it may have been something to do with the memory, so I run the windows memory diagnostic.
The test ran fine and completed, but when my pc restarted to show the results it went into a blue screen loop, it only happened once so I couldn't see what the screen said.
I then popped in the vista recovery cd, and it repaired and came up with the screen where it allows me to choose which way to boot, I chose last good config.

Now, it has not happened since, I've played games, videos, audio files, and everything else, for hours, not a hitch or a blue screen.

My question is, what could have caused it, and why did the windows memory diagnostic cause the system to go into a boot loop and forced me to use my recovery cd?