• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phase change or Water Chiller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ookabooka

Well, I got myself the dehumidfier. But I don't really want to go into taking it apart, refilling it with refridgerant and building coils and soldering etc. . . So I was thinking. I have a 226w Peltier chip. Suppose I used the dehumidifier to cool the water which ran to the peltier. The dehumidifier is large, with a 1/4 hp compressor, and the coils freeze over everytime I try to use it (hence the cannabalism) so I think it should handle the thermal load. What would happen if I could keep the hot side of the peltier at around 10C or less?

#Rotor

for sure

By doing the way you want you are actually going to get more performance from the unit.... the Dehumidifier has a much larger evaporator, than what you can fit in to a PC case, and as we know, thermal transfer is all about surface area.... by submerging a large evaporator in a secondary fluid, you are concentrating all that surface area onto a much smaller block... the secondary coolant also do not change phase, while absorbing the heat at the flashpoint, resulting in even higher efficiency.

as for what is going to happen to the cold side :D