• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X2 545 Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

onefstsnake

Im currently running @ 32*c at 100% load using the CNPS 9900 cooler.

Seems awfully low... My Athlon 64X2 6000+ @ 3.3Ghz runs around 47*c at 100% load with a similar cooler.

Your PhII 545 is a 45nm cpu with a TDP of 80 watts. Most 6000+ x2 cpus are 65nm (90nm? Can't remember) with a 95-125 watt TDP.

It's a much cooler cpu.

I have the 550 and it run rather cool as well. With a Coolermaster Hyper 212+ I only hit 44 degrees celcius @ 3.8Ghz 100% load running Linx with 44 degrees being the temp after it's been running for a few hours and the case is warmed up. The mosfets on my motherboard run way hotter than the cpu does.

It's also worth noting that AMD cpus aren't as heat happy anymore, they tend to say fahgetaboutit somewhere between 55 and 65*c. They don't fry till 70+, but they tend to crash in the mid to high 50s.
It's a relative thing, modern AMD cpus don't make nearly as much heat as modern intel cpus, but they can't take as high of temps as modern intel cpus either.

32 is nice and chilly, i wish mine were even within 20 degrees of that.

It is indeed really cool, I can run the 550 even unlocked as quad fanless on the cu ninja if i undervolt it with it's stock 3.1G, as a dual 3.5G on stock 1.3V works without a fan, both really impressed me. ^_^

AMDs 45nm X2s and X3s are quite efficient. They have low power draw at idle especially. If they can fix the NB P-State changes for idle, their overall CPU will get very close to 1-2W in idle. NB is keeping them up yet.

Back