• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phoenix was great. Hope I'll have better luck with 0.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Well I finally went and did it.

I broke Phoenix 0.4 completely.

I tried to install a non phoenix skin, crashed it and locked up the system.

No problem I thought, I'll just DL the latest nightly file.

Completely deleted the Program files/folder and extracted the new stuff to a new folder. NO GO.

OK I'll just delete every thing Phoenix and clean up any loose temp files and registry keys. Reboot, new DL & install. NO GO.

Did it all again just in case. NO GO.

I will open to a blank page and none of the drop menus work when you click any of them. All the program files are in the both Phoenix folders including the bookmarks.html, yet there's no access from the Phoenix bookmark menu.

Whatever system hook is screwing up Phoenix may just reset itself and Phoenix will miraculously start working again, Maybe not. I'll try again in a few days.

Anyone else have any weird Phoenix problems?

Maxvla

i don't have problems with it cause i don't use it. There are better programs.

OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Phoenix still loves me. I just hurt it's feelings trying to put Mozilla's skypilot classic skin on it :cry:

Last edited:
OP
Audioaficionado

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Phoenix loves me again!

She forgave me and now we're back together again. :cool:

The problem was that new build didn't auto create 'default user' like before.

So I got into the profile manager and found no profiles at all. Right after I created one, it all worked. Duh!

I also rolled back to the 20021031 build.

Now to rebuild my customization using ONLY Phoenix themes, no matter how tempting the other builds are.