• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Shots from Grundy Lake Provincial Park.

29834156618_ede26c4762_b.jpg IMG_4670 by Kyle Jazbec, on Flickr

43704594801_221b7bf7fc_b.jpg IMG_4656 by Kyle Jazbec, on Flickr

41892299650_fbfa239528_b.jpg IMG_4632 by Kyle Jazbec, on Flickr

Chipmunk was looking at us :)
42797756785_dba559d61c_b.jpg IMG_4557 by Kyle Jazbec, on Flickr

There was a 4,800 hectare forest fire just 10Km west of the park. It started as 1,900 hectares then grew to 4,800 in just 3 days. It is now at 7,200 hectares with no end in sight... This is some of the smoke from it.
29830589388_d9b81d70fd_b.jpg IMG_4514 by Kyle Jazbec, on Flickr

and a sunset:
28811285727_2095f5d849_b.jpg IMG_4496 by Kyle Jazbec, on Flickr

Much more pics on my flicker page.

You're getting pretty darn good Kyle.

Agreed.

Nevertheless the anal retentive (or is that anal-retentive?) part of me wants to reach out and level the horizon on that gorgeous sunset. This is probably a result of the slight sensor misalignment on my Nikon D50 coupled with my penchant for wide angle lenses. Tilted horizons drove me nuts and obviously I have not recovered. :screwy:

This is where Photoshop can be your best friend. Post-processing FTW!

If you don't care to spend the $$$ for photoshop you can use "The Gimp" which has free versions for Linux, Mac and Windows. It doesn't have the complete capabilities of Photoshop but is more than capable to handle a myriad of photo editing tasks. Not having used Photoshop I can't compare ease of use.

Agreed.

Nevertheless the anal retentive (or is that anal-retentive?) part of me wants to reach out and level the horizon on that gorgeous sunset. This is probably a result of the slight sensor misalignment on my Nikon D50 coupled with my penchant for wide angle lenses. Tilted horizons drove me nuts and obviously I have not recovered. :screwy:

Uggh, now that you pointed it out, it's driving me a bit crazy!! :bang head
This is where Photoshop can be your best friend. Post-processing FTW!
Definitely, I need to get into this and learn to use Gimp. :)

If you don't care to spend the $$$ for photoshop you can use "The Gimp" which has free versions for Linux, Mac and Windows. It doesn't have the complete capabilities of Photoshop but is more than capable to handle a myriad of photo editing tasks. Not having used Photoshop I can't compare ease of use.

Or you could follow the instruction from the photo class I took after getting my T3i. "Make the horizon parallel to the earth or fix it with software!" :) (the instructor was a LOT uglier than that in class, had a real thing about the horizon...point taken).
Other than that small flaw, your work is looking great! And thanks for keeping this thread alive too. Going on vacation soon, hopefully I'll have something to contribute at the end of it. :D

Nice sunset. First thing that came to mine was "War of the worlds." No accident, I'm sure.

Are there really three water towers (if that's what they are) or was this done by careful shooting and post processing? (If you don't mind revealing this information.)

Got me a Nikon D3500
Maybe next I`ll learn what to do with it :sly:

bumble.jpg

Yeah I post process the death out of things... Reality is too harsh... Livin A dream :D

And nope i`m not dead ;)

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Still livin A dream...
Post processed rosemantic...

rosence.jpg

mono tinted glasses...

rosetint.jpg

slightly tired french lavender...
post processed to death...

Lavender-A-ISO100.jpg

Rose buds... post processed to death naturally...
At least by this image I`d reminded myself what ISO is and an aperture...

rose-buds-A-ISO100.jpg

My other handy backyard source material... dog fights...

charge.jpg

Crazy legs missed pickup action...

dplay.jpg

Dog wrestling... it may catch on...

wrestle.jpg

sports mode engaged...

graceleap.jpg

Back