• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PICS. HOOKED UP NEW WATERCOOLING...TEMPS SAME AS WAS ON AIR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GERRY136

my temps havent changed going from air to water!
radiator/12x7x2 w/2 80mm and 1 server fan
1/2 lines
150gph little giant submersible
Prestone anti rust and water pump lubricant 10%

in pics below u can see i had to use a c-clamp and metal plate at back of slot, but she is really tight and saw no light between block and cold plate.
cant find a place to get water wetter in my town and did not use distilled water. but my temps are about 20c higher than they shouldbe i think. room temp is 21c. any ideas anyone?
you can see a slight kink in one of the hoses but the water is flowing quite well.
coloring is basic food coloring.
also, applied nice, even, thin layer of ac2

Have you tried a higher rated gph pump? My theory is that the more water running through the block keeps it cooler and in turn, keeps the CPU cooler. I am running an Eheim 1250 315gph pump and about 3 feet of hose and get damn near room temp (ambient). Try a more powerful pump and see if that helps. You can get a Daneer MagDrive 700 at any local pet store and make sure to keep the reciept in case this doesn't work. But I am confident that this is what's holding you back.

cool thanx!
im leaving in a few to g gt a nw one and ill post the results in a couple hours.

The Mag 7 is what worked best for me with the three Danger Den blocks I have.

thanx guys,
i went to a couple landscaping places but all were closed for the holiday.
ill try it again tomorrow.
shes stable at 850mhz and 1.95 volts / load 44c

Hmm. Something is definately wrong there! Take a look at my pic, running Athl.T-b1133@1507, max temp 43degreesC at full load. 29degrees idle, room temp 21,8.
Temp-transfer problems from CPU to waterblock??
Just guessing...

Very nicely done.

Fjeld (Jul 04, 2001 05:09 p.m.):
Hmm. Something is definately wrong there! Take a look at my pic, running Athl.T-b1133@1507, max temp 43degreesC at full load. 29degrees idle, room temp 21,8.
Just guessing...

Richard999 (Jul 04, 2001 05:28 p.m.):
Very nicely done.

Fjeld (Jul 04, 2001 05:09 p.m.):
Just guessing...

Not finished yet, have to modify / reduce the water-reservoir, and the cables etc in the back of the case! Waiting for a new 12v DC relay..
......btw, my best result, take a look at the screenshot...

Fjeld thats a very nice setup up got there

how much cfm is your fan pushing through your radiator

I got a dd cube, maze2 but only have a radioshack fan on the cube and am getting terrable temps
idle 44c and load 50c not oc 5% anti and 95% distelled water 350gph pump
water is warm so I think I just need a better fan.

I have 1 YS-Tech 131cfm 120mm pushing through my DD cube and one on the other side sucking it out. So I think it's safe to assume that I have roughly 131cfm through my cube.

Warlord2 (Jul 04, 2001 05:59 p.m.):
Fjeld thats a very nice setup up got there

how much cfm is your fan pushing through your radiator
Thanks Warlord2 :)
In fact, I don´t have any idea about cfm for the fan :(
But I picked it from an old needleprinter-noisereducing housing. It´s a German-produced slow-turning low-noise fan, and I´m quite happy with it :) Trough the weekend, I´m going to pick the things apart, to reduce the height of the water reservoir, and then I´ll take notes about the type of fan etc.
Please E-mail me if I forgot to tell you!!
Regards
[email protected]

I got a dd cube, maze2 but only have a radioshack fan on the cube and am getting terrable temps
idle 44c and load 50c not oc 5% anti and 95% distelled water 350gph pump
water is warm so I think I just need a better fan.

thats a great lookin setup!

yah i was thinkin my block to cold plate connection migt be failing but ill put the new pump on tomorrow and then ill know for sure.
thanx all for th much needed help :)

p.s. the fact that im runnin the coolant thru 7 feet of 1/2 inch hose is probably not helpin the little 150gph pump lol.

lolol
i dont know why i wanted to set the reservoir on te shelf but its comin down after i finish these couple beers!
ill eliminate 4 1/2 feet after doin this so it might help some.

ill eventually have a larger case but for now this is my first attempt at water coolin plusi want to get this water temp right so i can install the sweet parts below!!!!!!!

If you have a Jockos Autoparts in town they should have water wetter if not they can get it. I would also check Napa, and Advanced Auto Parts.

Back