• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PICS. HOOKED UP NEW WATERCOOLING...TEMPS SAME AS WAS ON AIR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
One, Gerry136, move that reservoir down. I do not think you need a new pump, just bring it down to earth! Danger Den and Autozone both carry Water Wetter, it should not be hard to find.
Do you have the input to the radiator on the bottom, so it is filled, or on the top so it just runs though? I notice that you have the heater core type, so it should not make that much difference.

Dude, don't use food coloring in your water. That's baaad.

Wrap your tubes with electrical tape will also help with getting kinky.

One big 120mm might move more air than two 80mm's.

Where are you taking the temp from? If it's from the on-board thermister, even if you do have a effect on the core temp it might not show up so much on an in-socket thermistor. The air pocket behind the CPU is not the first path heat will take to leave the core. In fact, it's pretty far down the list.

NOTE TO SELF: using c-clamp to tighten waterblock to cpu is BAAAAD.

yes i finally have my first keychain lol.
heard that adorable little snapping sound as i cranked down on c-clamp!
thanx for all the help guys but ive got to go to indianapolis today to find another slot-a athlon.
then i will hook up new 500gph Little Giant i bought yesterday.

god i love this stuff man!!!!!!!

TO BE CONTINUED... :D

ok just picked up a used 700 slot-a athlon and am runnin it stock right now with hsf.

re: im taking temps with thermometer touching cpu back.
i also moved the reservoir down which eliminated almost 3 feet of hose.
will try reinstalling water cooling tonight.

GERRY136 (Jul 06, 2001 08:49 a.m.):
NOTE TO SELF: using c-clamp to tighten waterblock to cpu is BAAAAD.

yes i finally have my first keychain lol.
heard that adorable little snapping sound as i cranked down on c-clamp!
thanx for all the help guys but ive got to go to indianapolis today to find another slot-a athlon.
then i will hook up new 500gph Little Giant i bought yesterday.

god i love this stuff man!!!!!!!

TO BE CONTINUED... :D

what are you going to use in place of that old c-clamp? Now that you have a bit more experience. You could possible still use a c-clamp if you grind it down abit to lighten it up abit, or you can try using abit of superglue and ASll paste. Don't forget that once you glue it down, it's goin to be a pain in the bum to get off again :)

i honestly have no idea lol. i might try the clamp again.
i dont really want to glue or epoxy the block to the cold plate cause i want to install my new massive psu with my 156 watt pelt. so i hope someone on these forums knows of a good way to attach them all cause there arent any options ive seen to use.

Hello.

I'm new to this watercooling stuff, and the system is running for a few days now. It's made of:

Senfu water block
Senfu radiator (80mm twin-fan version)
Eheim in-line pump (1048 model, 10liter/min spec rate)
All the tubing has inside 4mm diameter (which is reducing overall pressure)

Here are the temps I read:

Ambient: 27.5ºC
Water (small closed reservoir): 29ºC
CPU Temp: 49~50ºC (under full load for several hours)

The CPU Temp is being read by the motherboard sensor (Abit KT7A). I think these CPU temperature values are a bit high, but the ambient temperature I get is not what you could call low... ;\

CPU is an Athlon Tbird 1.2 (100MHz FSB), running at 1360, 1.90V core.
Water throughout the circuit is distilled water, no other substance added yet.

Would the so-called "Water Wetter" give better temperature results? What are the advantages of using this additive?
Is there a chance that the clip used to hold the water block on the CPU is not making enough pressure? I read it somewhere...
Any help or suggestions?

P.S. Except for the pump (which is not much different anyway), photos of my water cooling system are here:
(I believe most of you already know this article)

Thanks!

ok i decided to make a hold down plate like the ones dd uses.
i am goin to make it out of the the thickest plexiglass ican find with 4 small bolts.
ill post the results tomorrow.
thanx again everyone!

3 of 3: pump, radiator, water "bottle"

A fan is missing on the top of the water block, which can help if the pump fails.
Dropping room temp. from 27.5ºC to 25ºC reduces CPU Temp to ~44ºC (from the previous 49~50ºC)

turns out that the 50.00 used 700 athlon i bought has an 800 core, hehe.
tested it out with my old hsf and this cpu runs perfect. (had to drive 90 miles lol)
just finished reworking the new "clamp" for water block and am bench testing it overnight tonight.
ill post pics and results tomorrow evning.

thanx all!

Back