• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of Crucial DDR466 Volt mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mtb856

Hey guys,

I was bored today and figured while I had my soldering stuff out I might as well do a voltmod on it. Seems to work okay, did I solder the correct spots?...What do you guys think?

ramtrick.jpg

ramtrick2.jpg

OP
mtb856

mtb856

Sorry.... it was actually a joke. I had some sdram from an old compaq that I junked and I was practicing my soldering on it with my brother. He's actually practicing to do a volt mod on his ram, but I think that it involved soldering on the backside of the mobo. If you wanted to PM him about the sites that he found, he's enduro on the forums. I believe that Mushkin is coming out with a stick that you put in the socket and allows you to automatically vary the ram voltage.

I didn't think that anyone would believe me... just because of the solder splattered all over the ram.... I guess it didn't show up enough in the pic. I apologize if I caused you or anyone else any inconvenience.

This was a joke... please do not try this with your ram!!!