• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of my first rig, Built By me,

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryinny3

with the knowledge i have gaind here from ALL you fine folks. I have alot to learn, but will. Wires arnt really long enough to run differently, But it works great. Front air is comeing in from bottom drive bay Vis 2 80mm fans. Cut a blowhole in top, but didnt take pic. Just wanted to share, I appreciate AVARYTHING you all have done for me in making me a better Rig builder.

What do you think?

Harry

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/449729/HMNXZ-IMAG0022.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/449729/IMAG0017.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/449729/IMAG0020.JPG

Deathknight

I see a ton of slack in the power cords(some cords even are all wrapped around themselves). I think you could get that wiring cleaned up with some time planning out how you run the power cables and it would look even better than it already does :)

dalilman52

yeah, those psu wires are basically going everywhere...u may wanna clean that up, that rat's nest is distracting from the otherwise pretty nice looking machine, and gj on ur first built pc! i remember my first time, it was quite satisfying :D

OP
harryinny3

harryinny3

Thanks,

Does anyone Know of a how to guide on running the cables? I really dont want to do any cutting to get them to run different. The way the fan cables are, I cant figure a way to centralize them. I do want to get cable sleeving. I wanted to run the 2 main board plugs and wires in back of the board and through from the other case cover, But theres no hole to run it.

The cables are my main problem, But the rest came out really nice.

Harry

dalilman52

there isnt really a "how-to", its more of a mixture of experience and general problem-solving, ive been working with computers for over two years now, and after building and re-building a few systems at my casa, u just find different techniques that work so that there is less cable-clutter, if u work with comps enuff, ull figure out your own ways of solving that cable clutter, but that wont solve ur problem right away, so why dont u google it? :D

and btw, i would route those psu cables along the outline of the side panel's window so that you cant seem them thru the window...

mjmnam

essentially, cram them all into empty bays. that'll get them outa site. you'l have to figure out which bays work best for which wires.

also, that's one crazy heatsink.

Tawcan

Registered
That's one crazy heatsink...I never realized it can look that big...

Like others have said already...tidy up the cables a bit and you should be good to go. :)

OP
harryinny3

harryinny3

Isnt that a wild heatsink.

Bought it 2 weeks ago. Its Pure copper with the jet fan on it. It Has NO dead spot from the fan being its a turbine style fan. It comes with either a 3.5 bay deal to hook the controler to or a PCI slot plate to hook the fan controler to. On quiet,2500rpm, Its quiet as a mouse. On 3700 or so, its not bad. Not noticable when gameing. The controller is the silver Knob on the top bay. I modified a bay Plate to use it there.

It performs VERY well. 26C Idle and 46C MAX in prime95 at full load. Was well worth the 40 bucks. Also, this is cool, The top of the jet stayes lit red, its like a red beam shooting up onto the Gold PSU. And the Bottom of the jet has a light that blinks out a Beam every 3-5 seconds lighting everything below it. I didnt know that when i bought it. It was a pleasent surprise.

Thanks for ALL the help Folks. Thats what im here for, To learn and Help When i can. You folks and this community are Awesome!!

Harry

dalilman52

meh, i wouldnt buy the coolermaster jet ... ive got the thermalright slk-900 :D

and its not that big...the heatsink itself is about the size of a volcano 9....the blower fan is the only thing that actually makes it look big...

psyshack

Looks good!!! Dont worry about the wires. You will learn to tuck and place... then you will change a drive and they will find there own place again. Dressing wires is real cool and it can look great. But I dont think its all of that. As for the jet fan. Ive seen those and thought " never in a rig of mine" But I have to admit. I looks good in your rig... :)

tsintse

Thats a pretty nifty looking heatsink there :D You can try running the wires under the mainboard plate or behind it. Nylon wire ties are great for grouping them together too...after I have them organized the way I like in my case I use them liberally heheh.

I didn't catch if you mentioned this but did you sleeve the PS wires?

Nice box!

OP
harryinny3

harryinny3

Tsi, Thanks man Besides the wires in very pleased with this

I did sort of sleve the wires. Used white Elec. Tape to just make them rounded till i get the slip over stuff. I tried to run them behind, but no go. not long enough. I did re do some of it last night. Have all PSU wires running alon side of lower drive bays, and bottom mess is very neat now with wires at back running down to bottom of case then strapped at edge of case and running along bottom over to bays then up. Thats the best i could do for now. There are NO wires over the board at all now.

Thanks all for all the Great replies. It means alot To Know your peers Like something ya did.

Harry