• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pics of my watercooling system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hc1001

well i finally got everything together and up and running. i took some pics to get some advice to my setup, im a noob at watercooling. here are some pics of my case and watercooling. i havent gotten around to fixing up the wires and stuff...too lazy. the fan on the side is a 92mm blowing in and the top hole is a 120mm fan blowing out. i appreciate any advice.

EDITED to save bandwith LOL

Last edited:
OP
H

hc1001

"i havent gotten around to fixing up the wires and stuff...too lazy" hehe..... i do have one question....what is a good 120mm fan that is quiet and blows more than 60cfm? im currently using a panaflo L 120mm and it is quite noisy...i think its because it is vibrating on the radiator or the case or the fan filter.....but i think i might need another fan. can anyone tell me if the panaflo L 120mm is quiet for them? maybe i will add those little rubber things to stop vibration. but when i first tried teh fan, it was kinda loud for my taste.

OP
H

hc1001

ill try the rubber things i guess. where should i add them? in between the case and 120mm fan? or in between the rad and 120mm fan? or both?....hope it helps.

the thing is that i made the 92mm side fan hole to suck fresh air in and let the 120mm fan suck it up through the radiator. if i add a push fan (which i dont think will fit lol) it will also block that 92mm side fan hole, eliminating the whole idea of having a side hole there letting fresh air in....

ATLPIMP

No.

I've got one of each here. The Papst is DEFINATELY quieter than the L1A, but it moves much less air. Regardless, I chose the Papst; I don't like noise.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
For my set up I'm running a 120mm 131 cfm Ys-Tech ran at 7volts. Not really that loud with the 80mm 68 cfm Delta 80mm 80cfm Delta and the 80mm 50cfm Sunon I am running at 7volts.

EluSiOn

couple advice,

I assuming your radiator is at the top of your case close to the PS

it would be great for your setup to go these sequence

pump -> radiator -> cpu -> video card -> res -> pump

You want to have the coolest water go to your cpu first.

people also suggesting using the T fittings instead of using a res but it is matter of preference, using a T fitting will make your case more roomy

OP
H

hc1001

thx elusion but do u think having the pump to rad will cut the waterflow down? im gonna stick to the res

lebe0024

In other cases, I wouldn't say it would matter all that much...
BUT, in your case, I would DEFINITELY go pump->rad->CPU->GPU->res. That way, you're using less tubing, the lines will be straighter, and you're wont' be doing the loopty-loop effect like you have now (up to cpu, down to gpu, up to rad, down to pump)

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
I say, smaller pictures for us 56kers:p and it looks good as far as i can see, i cant hardly see the pictures, im stuck on 56k tilll my broadband gets fixed...i love resevores, they work sooo nice! i dont really get what peoples problem is with them if they are made correctly and put in the correct place..

EluSiOn

lol... I got homestead daily bandwidth reached as well.... Good you got the MAZE 3, i couldn't tell from your previous pics.... I have nothing against Res either, and I probably will use Res on my system...

p.s. my water cooling system component still on its way here.