• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Picture Time!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir-Epix

Well we talk all the time, and I just tought you guys would like to see the face behind the name. This is me at work, behind me is the star projector. I don't use it to often, I perfer the Big Telescope on the roof. Will post my pictures as soon as I get off my butt and scan them. Anyone else got pictures?

Hey cool picture bud! No picture avaliable from me as no digicam or webcam are avaliable :D

Keep posting! :D I'm sure I've seen alot of Seti users. Err TC, JigPu, hmmm it'll come to me :D

Not a bad idea. I don't have any pictures of me with my 10" SCT, but some of you may know that one of my other interests is nature photography. Here's me on a trip to Alaska a few years ago. I was hoping to get some great bear shots that day, but we never saw any.

me.jpg

TC said:
Not a bad idea. I don't have any pictures of me with my 10" SCT, but some of you may know that one of my other interests is nature photography. Here's me on a trip to Alaska a few years ago. I was hoping to get some great bear shots that day, but we never saw any.

me.jpg

Hey dude!!! Did you get to use the gun in your pocket!? :D

Hmmm.... Not to many pictures of me... Probably because I take all of them!! :D My specialty.... WEIRD pictures and macros (like an awesome picture of a rose I took).

Hmmm... :cool: :rolleyes: Here's me at a snow trip with my church this Feburary. Girl in the background is a friend of my little sister.

JigPu
02020036.jpg

JigPu are you an advanced skiier or? Skiing is so fun, too bad I only did it once this year. The weather wasn't so great this year!

Nice picture racecar, I'd die for a chair like that! :D

Yodums said:

Hey dude!!! Did you get to use the gun in your pocket!? :D
No it wasn't a hunting trip - that was a last ditch defense for bear attack.

Yodums said:
JigPu are you an advanced skiier or? Skiing is so fun, too bad I only did it once this year. The weather wasn't so great this year!

Hows the skiing up in your area Yodums? I have 2 resorts near me. One 10 min away and the other 15 min away. I usually go as much as I can but this season I broke my arm as you probably know. I went 35 times one season so I get my share of fun. The only reason I don't switch to snowboarding is mogals. Mogals are what I live for.

Yodums said:

Nah... That was the first (and still only) time I've ever skied. I wonder just how much more fun downhill skiing is than cross-country. Seems like loads of fun!!

JigPu

I knew there would be a few telescopes in this crowd.

Anyone in the group make thier own scope?

I have a 6" f/8 homemade "classic" dob.

I just received a full thickness 10" pyrex blank for my next mirror. I'll probably make that one an F/6. Havent decided what kind of scope it will be other than a newtonian.

Wookie8662 said:
I knew there would be a few telescopes in this crowd.

Anyone in the group make thier own scope?

I have a 6" f/8 homemade "classic" dob.

I just received a full thickness 10" pyrex blank for my next mirror. I'll probably make that one an F/6. Havent decided what kind of scope it will be other than a newtonian.
No I think that would take way more patience than I have. I had a meade 10" LX200.

TC said:
No I think that would take way more patience than I have. I had a meade 10" LX200.

I am sporting a half meter :) And I can say in astronomy size does matter. I will upload some pics here for my fellow seti team members to use for the webpage, wallpaper, and avator. That way no one is breaking copywrite laws. Here is legal disclaimer:

In order to use one of my pictures, you must be crunching for www.overclockers.com seti team :)

End disclaimer.

I will try to have them uploaded tomorrow, when I do a round at the labs.

Bender said:

Hows the skiing up in your area Yodums? I have 2 resorts near me. One 10 min away and the other 15 min away. I usually go as much as I can but this season I broke my arm as you probably know. I went 35 times one season so I get my share of fun. The only reason I don't switch to snowboarding is mogals. Mogals are what I live for.

It's great we have lots of good resorts. The fun easy ones are about a 30min drive. The other ones are hour drives. I like skiing, I'm never going to convert to snowboarding :D

Yodums

I have a 5" schmidt-cassgrain, by Bausch & Lomb... great scope... as far as homeades go, I have used a 41" Newtonian... now that's a scope (talk about aperature) :)... ummm... here's a pic:

You evil people building your own scopes... :D This christmas I finaly managed to convince my mom to buy the telescope I've had my eye on for about a year. Seen saturn with it once (only knew it because it had strange "rings" LOL!), but unfortunatly, I broke the finderscope mount a month or two ago, so I have yet to take it out lately. :(

Here's my beauty... :)
Jigpu

Back