• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Picture to web address?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
Android has QR Scanner apps but what would really be nifty is a way to take a picture of a web address and have the app then open the browser to that page.
Take a picture of www.google.ca and have Chrome open it for you.

That​ would be sweet. Does an app that does this even exist?

I don't know, but it would be cool. Whenever you get a pamphlet handed to you at an event, say maybe the pamphlet is for a charity group or something and it has their web address on it, it would be a lot faster to use the scanner then typing it in.
Pharaoh, I nominate you to write the app, if it doesn't exist :p

I don't know, but it would be cool. Whenever you get a pamphlet handed to you at an event, say maybe the pamphlet is for a charity group or something and it has their web address on it, it would be a lot faster to use the scanner then typing it in.
Pharaoh, I nominate you to write the app, if it doesn't exist :p

Exactly! Much faster than typing in a long address.

I would write it, but you haven't seen my java game have you....
Let's just say coding isn't my strong point :p

The technology is there but I haven't seen an app yet that allows this. One of the coolest apps I've seen in the last year is called Word Lens. Just point your camera at a foreign word and it switches the language real time. Awesome for my wifes genealogy hobby.

If this can be done, so can the one you're suggesting.

The technology is there but I haven't seen an app yet that allows this. One of the coolest apps I've seen in the last year is called Word Lens. Just point your camera at a foreign word and it switches the language real time. Awesome for my wifes genealogy hobby.

If this can be done, so can the one you're suggesting.
Wow that's a sweet app!
You're right, the technology is definitely there, all that's left is a dev to code it..

Back