• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pictures...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WT

Registered
Yea, I know...I leave that freezer CLOSED all the time because I have used ABSOLUTELY NO CONDENSATION PROTECTION. So opening the freezer door while the PC is working is almost certain blow-up. Only time im gonna open it is if my PC is closed and I have enough time to let it dry.

Ill have pictures in a few days maybe, im gonna open it up soon. But I would like it it someone would give me some tips on how to "overclock" my freezer in order to deal with the heat created by the PC, so I could fix it sooner.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
I read an article about a year ago, where the PCB was put into a plastic "zip" lock baggie. Then went into the fridge.
I have no idea of how ur's is set up, or how well this works.

Keeps it cold, and dry I guess.

:cool:

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
IDEA!

ok shut off your computer and open the fridge, and time how long it takes to see condensation on your board.....

Shroomer

member with no avatar
If you don't run 24/7, you can put a container of ICE in there as a buffer for when you are running.

Zazuk

Have air blowing on the cooling coils for the freezer. The colder the freon going to the evaporator the colder the inside. Well that is my 2 cents but with today's prices it wont get you far.:D

Shroomer

member with no avatar
Yes! Why didn't I think of that! Get a fan and put it on there. Maybe a small box fan on low.

OP
W

WT

Registered
I have them up on the net right not but I still need to make a link... This whole thread is actually an accident, I pressed on "new thread" instead of "reply" in another post. My bad. Althought you guys will have pictures soon.