• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PIII 650 MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tweakerxp

I have a PIII 650 Mhz Processor on a PCCHIPS M754LMR Motherboard and want to be able to run my system at 133 MHz FSB. I have 320 megs of PC-133 SDRAM (if that helps)I have been able to achieve this speed only by using CPUCool and have tried using the jumpers on my board to set it at 133 MHz FSB and it still stays at 100 Mhz FSB. What should I do? I have read about connecting pins or cutting pins on the CPU to achieve this, is that what I should do? And if so, how do I do it?

Thanks

Last edited:
it completely depends on your motherboard. I dont know how you adjust fsb speeds with it, but my cuv4x has jumperless adjustments.

also, as far as i know connecting pins and what not are for getting more voltage.

Does your board have the option to change the fsb to 133 on those jumpers? Or is the max 100? It could be that the board only supports 100, but the clock generator can go higher (making 133 possible with cpucool). If your board can support 133fsb, check the manual. There should be a description of what jumpers you have to have set to get the fsb to 133. But first, are you sure you can't change the setting in the bios? That would be a lot easier to do.

It say is the manual that it can go up to 133 MHz FSB (it also mentions 105 MHz which I cant achieve either), I have tried setting the jumpers in all of the possible ways but I can only seem to be able to get the FSB down. I would love to be able to set the FSB in the BIOS but my PCCHIPS board is really cheap. ANY other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
see how cheap you can buy a good s370 board. it sounds to me that yours just isnt very good. i have an asus cuv4x. its a non-tualatin s370 board. Its pretty good for overclocking. You should be able to find them on ebay for around $30 i think.

with this board and your chip you should be able to push it close to 900mhz. I got my 700E to run stable at 980

If you are going to buy a new mobo and want to still use that cpu then you should just bite the bullet and and get the Abit ST-6 mobo that way you can eventually upgrade to a tualatin cpu. With that board you have great OC'ing capabilities and much more stabile than your current board. Also, moving up to the Tualatin cpu you will get much faster.

st6's are rare :( . if you can find one it is more likely to be near $70-100. Cuv4xs are more plentiful and are pretty cheap. With the tualatin mod i am running a tually 1.1a right now.

Last question about your board, did you put the jumpers like it says in the manual for 133fsb? I checked the manual for your board and it says you have to connect the jumpers 1-2 on A and B. It's the jumper closest to the memory (to the left of it if the board's mounted in your case) and under the north bridge called JP8. I suppose it should look like this to get 133MHz:

. __
. __

. . .
. . . would look like that if there were no jumpers

Did you try this? Just a last thing to try before you go out and buy the ST6.

If you are going to get a new mobo dont get an old outdated board that doesnt even officially support the tualatin cpu without modding. That is a waiste of money. There are plenty of boards out there that will support a Tualatin cpu, and a good portion of them are pretty cheap. Soyo has a couple out there that I see on ebay all the time for around 30-50 bucks.

Last question about your board, did you put the jumpers like it says in the manual for 133fsb? I checked the manual for your board and it says you have to connect the jumpers 1-2 on A and B. It's the jumper closest to the memory (to the left of it if the board's mounted in your case) and under the north bridge called JP8. I suppose it should look like this to get 133MHz:

. __
. __

. . .
. . . would look like that if there were no jumpers

Did you try this? Just a last thing to try before you go out and buy the ST6.

Yah, thats what the jumpers look like when there in the 133MHZ FSB position. but I never tried it with no jumpers on, maby i'll give it a try ASAP.

Thanks

I didn't mean to try it without any jumpers. I don't know what frequency that would cause, maybe it won't boot. I just put it there as a type of reference if there were no jumpers being used.

Back