FRONTPAGE Pivos XIOS DS Media Play Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

What if you could bring the Android operating system and all the apps that come along with it to your TV screen? Just think of all the internet content and thousands of apps you could enjoy right from the comfort of your own couch. Pivos Technology Group thinks the Andriod operating system is the perfect compliment to any digital home entertainment system and has provided the XIOS DS Media Play to accomplish just that.

... Return to article to continue reading.

dostov

Overclockers.com Reporter

I like the use of Cortex A9 and Mali GPU. I bet it has good performance on just a few watts.

Just one question on my mind about this cutie, though: How easy is it to set up for reading media files over a Windows network?

moocow

Performance isn't what I would consider... good. That is unless they really fixed a bunch of stuff with the latest OS update.

It is good to see that they fixed the netflix issues though. I had tons of issues running netflix on the Xios DS I had with the latest hardware revision.

Lvcoyote

Overclocked Moderator, Overclockers.com Lead Edito

With the XBMC software it's a piece of cake. You can easily add locations to your media files, whether they are local or shared on a windows network. It's finds windows network shares out of the box, just navigate to it and add them.....

Culbrelai

So that has the same processor as my iPhone 4S?

Q_Q

Its certainly cheaper than an HTPC =P

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member

man i really like this o.o might just have to sell my htpc :eek:

my wife would **** a brick if i actually sold a computer lol idk if shed know what to do with all the joy.

Lvcoyote

Overclocked Moderator, Overclockers.com Lead Edito

It obviously won't be as snappy as a PC, but for $100 it's a great option.

@Moocow - the new ICS firmware is a huge improvement. If I had to point to one thing being sluggish it would be the internet browsing. I haven't had a chance to try a different browser yet though.