• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pixel 7 / Pixel 7 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lordkosc

Anyone plan on getting a 7 or 7 pro ?

I passed on a Pixel 6 last year after I heard about the fingerprint reader screen issues, but I think my Pixel 3 is nearing end of life, damn battery barely last half a day, unless I put on the saver.

Looking at just the regular Pixel 7 specs, it would seem I am in for a major upgrade in terms of storage/ram/processor.

BugFreak

Not yet. I bought the 6 and have fought with that stupid screen the entire time. If I start seeing consistently good reviews I'll probably go for it though. I love the clean Android install and integration of the Pixel series and despise Apple so I can't see trying another brand but if the screen doesn't get better I might have to try.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
I ordered a Pixel 7 Pro Hazel, 128GB, Unlocked. 10:40 am...(Yesterday).

Pixel 6 Pro -$480 for trade in, and the $200 Google Store Credit. It was an impulse buy as I was golfing during the Google announcement.

I'll probably use the credit for a Pixel watch for Xmas for my daughter as she is a fitbit user.

I honestly ordered the phone before watching the keynote or any Youtube vids, knowing I could always cancel. Having watched them now, I like the camera upgrades, face unlock(You still need FP for apps for security reasons), and size (Its taken me a year to get used to a bigger phone lol).

I have not had any issues with P 6 Pro that bothered me, it's been a great phone.

Oh and I always use the Google 0% finance and pay $100 a month...It is a revolving credit as I never actually pay it off.

I ordered this case.

Last edited:

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
on a 4XL, plan to get a 7Pro most likely. Going to do a switch from vzw to Tmobile as well

Zerileous

Just got a 5a last March. I'm quite happy with it. I take a bunch of pictures and I like the camera, I don't need the huge megapixels filling up my storage though.

Niku-Sama

i'm on a 3a still. i was planning on a 6 but thought why not let them improve a little on their new processor.
not sure if i should bother with a trade in or not. 3a, battery has a memory its what, 5 years old now?

edit:
$150 for trade in twards a 7 on goog store

man its going to be an expensive month, new phone, arc a770, rtx 3070, portland retro gaming expo and hotel.
oh boy

Last edited:

Zerileous

I loved my 3a. I dropped it on some hot coals and the camera stopped working. Everything else was fine, but I do like to take a lot of pictures.

mackerel

3a is just over 3 years old and went out of software support earlier this year. I'm in the process of retiring mine. Don't think I'll go for a 7 but maybe one of its successors.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
i'm on a 3a still. i was planning on a 6 but thought why not let them improve a little on their new processor.
not sure if i should bother with a trade in or not. 3a, battery has a memory its what, 5 years old now?

$150 for trade in twards a 7 on goog store

man its going to be an expensive month, new phone, arc a770, rtx 3070, portland retro gaming expo and hotel.
oh boy
Use the zero % finance...

My case arrived...Sturdy thing...fits my Pixel 6 Pro , but the buttons do not align.

PXL_202Pro7case21008_211109329.jpg
P7Procase.jpg

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
I love caseology cases. I was just looking at that one, I've always been partial to their Parallax series.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
One thing I'm a little annoyed from what I read is that the face unlock is camera only so will not work for biometric logins or in the dark like my pixel 4xl can. I

dfonda

Senior Golfer
One thing I'm a little annoyed from what I read is that the face unlock is camera only so will not work for biometric logins or in the dark like my pixel 4xl can. I
That was a positive for me...I don't want to accidentally unlock my banking App. Also I have to be handling my phone for any of my logins (Banking, Security Cams, etc.)

It was the initial unlocking that annoyed me....

Zerileous

Right there's always a down side to biometrics. The amount of control over you a thief has to have to unlock a certain app, for example. Pass code they probably need a credible threat to life or limb, fingerprint physical control, face unlock, just proximity. But everything is a trade off.

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
Got my Pixel 7 Pro on Friday and it is so much better than the Pixel 5 in every way. I have larger hands and never realized how small the P5 was. The P7 Pro fits so much better and is easier to use. The camera is, flat out, incredible.