• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Place to get 1 single stick of specific ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

To satisfy my hardware addiction, I'm still entertaining the idea of getting an P55 i5/i7 setup. Right now I have an i7 920, and a 6gb tri channel kit of 1600mhz Corsair Dominators. If I do get a P55 setup, it would only support dual channel. Instead of dropping down to 4gb, and not using 1 of the ram sticks, I'd prefer to get an additional 2gb stick and run 8gb. I thought about getting another 6gb tri channel kit, using one stick, and sticking a the other two sticks on the classifieds, as I'm sure someone could use a 2x2gb DDR3 kit. That was until I saw the kit was more than twice what I paid for it now.

So does anybody know a place (aside from the classifieds here :)) that I would possibly be able to score a single stick of a specific kind of ram?

Back