• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Place to get a waterblock custom made?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

padgettb

I'm getting ready to upgrade to a GF4 in the coming months. I would like to buy a waterblock for my card that will cool both the processor and the ram.

Is there anyone who makes these, or is it possible to have one custom made?

I don't have the tools or the know how yet so I'd be happy with spending some money for one.

Thx for any advice

JaY_III

Senior of BX
It would be a waste of time and money to watercool you RAM
Even without a heatsink on them do they even get hot???
Probly not.
An active heatsink on RAM is overkill....
and your talking water.

www.dangerden.com sells waterblocks that would work very good for the GPU. a MAZE 1 would do the trick.

just my $0.02

AntiHeiss

Koolance makes some of the best GPU coolers I have seen thus far. And I wouldn't worry about watercooling the GPU RAM. Here is a link for ya to the GPU waterblocks from koolance.www.coolerguys.com

arch5

It would be a waste of time and money to watercool you RAM
Even without a heatsink on them do they even get hot???
Probly not.
An active heatsink on RAM is overkill....
and your talking water.

Well, I'm not sure what video card you have but on my GF3 ti500 the Ram does get quite hot. Have you ever felt your ramsinks?
If you plan on overclocking your video card then they're only gonna get hotter and I think that from what I've seen the GF4 produces even more heat because of higher clock speeds.

Now, I don't know that you will NEED to water cool your ram but if you're overclocking it and you're gonna water cool the gpu anyway, I say why not? In fact you'd probably be better off.

I mean, you are at Overclockers.com, Go for the Gusto!

Here's a link to the place that is making the GF3 cooler based on BladeRunner's design. Cool-computers.com
You could ask them if they are planning on making a cooler like that for the GF4.

Last edited:
OP
P

padgettb

Thanks for the replies

I'll check those links out.

I have never actually checked the temps on my vid card ram.

I have an nvidia engineering sample original GF3. Soon after getting it I ripped off that excuse for a fan they had on the GPU, put an orb on it and ram sinks since I didn't want to spend too much money.

Putting ram sinks on it allowed me to get another 40mhz out of the ram before artifacts appeared so it seemed logical to me that more aggressive cooling might be beneficial.

Another issue for me is summer is coming and I have no air conditioning. In the past I have had to turn my computer settings down for stability during the summer, so I'm looking for year around cooling, figure water cooling all around might do the trick.

ol' man

Hmmm, this cat thinks the ram should be cooled.

ramblockmk2finishedsmall.jpg

finishedblocksmall.jpg

Check this link for the tutorial on how to make yer blocks!

http://www.dwpg.com/content.php?contid=3&artid=57

Last edited:

KingB

Whether you need it or not. That looks sweet!

I personally think GPU/Ram could always use a litte more cooling. If you can notch up the clock just a bit... its worth it to some of us. I get artifacting with a very mild overclock with my G2 Ti. I wouldn't mind having a cool (pun intended) set up like that one.